Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,565   Online: 796

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New classified ad system almost ready to launch.

Hi guys, the classifieds ad system is about to get a major upgrade using a dedicated classified ad application which ties into the forum system. It is going to be pretty slick, some of the features: subscribers can post ads or even ebay style auctions, you have your own watchlist, and it has a better feedback system. Sold items will expire and be archived after 3 days from sale, etc. Dedicated ad types such as for sale, wanted, help wanted, and yikes -personals- but I don't know if we want to go there! Non subscribers can post ads with a 1 off payment (it's debatable if we want this, maybe a $5 fee for an add placement by non-subscribers?).

I have the software installed as of tonight but will need to tweak it this week, launch should be this weekend along with the new apug print sales gallery.

There are several developments with apug in progress which should culminate into a much more robust site for the subscriber base. I've gotten pretty run down from the day job so have put in for 3 weeks vacation to relax with the fam, do some photography, and work on apug's new features.

Thanks, Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 09-12-2005 at 04:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi guys, the classifieds ad system is about to get a major upgrade using a dedicated classified ad application which ties into the forum system. It is going to be pretty slick, some of the features: subscribers can post ads or even ebay style auctions, you have your own watchlist, and it has a better feedback system. Sold items will expire and be archived after 3 days from sale, etc. Dedicated ad types such as for sale, wanted, help wanted, and yikes -personals- but I don't know if we want to go there! Non subscribers can post ads with a 1 off payment (it's debatable if we want this, maybe a $5 fee for an add placement by non-subscribers?).

I have the software installed as of tonight but will need to tweak it this week, launch should be this weekend along with the new apug print sales gallery.

There are several developments with apug in progress which should culminate into a much more robust site for the subscriber base. I've gotten pretty run down from the day job so have put in for 3 weeks vacation to relax with the fam, do some photography, and work on apug's new features.

Thanks, Sean
    Sean, i would love to help you test it out. Let me know if i can be of any service.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sean, I'm looking forward to it.

But: There's no hurry, so you can relax, take pictures, and do this whenever you want to! I know what "pretty run down from the day job" means...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am also looking forward to it.

I have just paid ebay a ton of money and would have much preferred to have given it to APUG; especially since the bulk of my sales went to apuggers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I've gotten pretty run down from the day job so have put in for 3 weeks vacation to relax with the fam, do some photography, and work on apug's new features.

Thanks, Sean
    Don't forget the Speights!! It is amazing what a few beers will do to the disposition.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin