Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,888   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Update on APUG site work

Hi guys, just an update on what I've been working on lately and will be working on in the next few weeks. I'm very excited about these changes and so far the dev site is looking fantastic.

-Revamped site design
    Includes a 100% width design, new single line menu bar with better organization and design (it's pretty), static search box in the header which provides an instant search, a left side bar which will contain links to the most recent articles and chem recipes submitted (this will drive more participation in that area), the side bar will also contain the most recent classified ads, and most recent gallery image. The homepage will have a better layout and the site footer is being slightly redone. Blaze on is helping me create a new header APUG logo. The weblinks area will be incorporated into the site design and not just a stand alone area like it is now. Better info section on benefits of subscribing.The site is going to look great! Here is a taste of the new menu and search box:

continued..

-New integrated Classifieds/Auction system. This is close to finished and as discussed in the other threads will be very cool

-APUG Shop, we'll have a dedicated page for listings to APUG clothing, etc, and will also allow APUG members to sell their own APUG logo'd gear.

-APUG Print Sales Gallery- subscribers will have access to a nice ecommerce enabled storefront to sell prints, this is nearing completion

-Help Desk system- the "contact us" form will route through a proper help desk system, so I can keep more control over issues.

-Mailing list- I will start building a list of subscribers who would like to be notified of special offers from our sponsors. You'll be emailed by the sponsor with a coupon code which can then be used for discounts on their products, I'll be working with our sponsors on this soon.

-Proper Regional Groups/Chapters- each region will have a dedicated area/members list/president/calendar/etc groups will be better equipped to plan events and represent APUG at various conferences throughout the world.

-Mentoring Program- An area which allows for beginners to find a mentor. Still thinking about the best way to go about it.

I'm sure there are a few things I've left out but that is the bulk of it. I'm taking off a few weeks starting the 26 so most of the finishing touches will be completed then. Stay tuned! Sean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Looking forward to it Sean. If there is anything i can assist you with please don't hesitate to ask.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for all the effort you are putting into keeping the site updated and working. A lot of work for which many people thank you.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean you've been busy,I can't wait to see what you've done. Thanks for all your hard work.

Richard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You're going to get a percentage of the classified, auction, shop, and gallery sales I hope! You deserve it...thanks

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    You're going to get a percentage of the classified, auction, shop, and gallery sales I hope! You deserve it...thanks

Murray
    That's the idea Murray. I'm putting in a lot of work to improve the site to get revenue up, then maybe I can do apug part time.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quite an undertaking Sean. We are all indebted to you for your talents. Please incorporate a means to generate monies for yourself.

Many thanks, Steve
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the work! be sure let us know if you need anything at all!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy....you go Sean....can't wait....!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good Sean. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin