Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,466   Online: 1064

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I subscribe, will continue to subscribe and I also do what ever I can to send more money APUG's way.

I do not have a lot of money. It is a personal choice

As stated earlier try and ask a book a question.

If all 8451 members subscribed and Sean still wanted 24.00 I would pay and feel it was a bargain. The value I put on the site is personal the money Sean makes (if any at all) is none of my business and has no bearing on my chioce to pay.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi, it was pretty much covered here at great length in the poll:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18819

The figure you mentioned earlier of 100 per month, just to correct that it's 100+ per week (112 last week). If anyone here is familiar with I.T. support you know what can be involved when a user base increases by 100 per week. I can quite consistently get 20-40 mails and PM's for apug a day, so imagine a year from now. Many of the new folks need a little hand holding at first to get up and running in an unfamiliar system and there is other general support such as name changes, paypal subscription issues, forgotten passwords, keeping sponsors happy, various site bugs, you name it..

I don't mind discussing such things but have pretty much run out of things to say..

Davidb, shut-up already!

Yeah I know that wasn't very nice but I am embarrassed that Sean feels he has to defend the work he does here.

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just drink one less brewski per week...and you will probably net over 50 bucks clear....after paying the subscription and giving a gift subscription...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Just drink one less brewski per week...
    Hey, hold on. Let's not panic here.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Is it rude to ask all those that post to subscribe? Does this drive away valuable resources? Is there a balance to be had? How many subscribers support how many users?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah really... give up BEER? -- If we gave up beer how would we wash away the lingering taste of HaloChrome??? Sheesh

Just a reminder that of the 8000+ registered users, only ~250 voted. A slightly worse turnout than a typical US Presidential election. However, because polling is generally accepted as an accurate barometer of public opinion; I'd say that 87% is a pretty damn good argument Sean has made a well-thought-out decision.
    To the 9% who indicate they simply wish a lower fee, please consider continuing on with donations/payment (pick your terminology) as you have in the past and in whatever amount you deem appropriate.
    To the 7% who indicate you would never pay any subscription I do hope you take the time to evaluate your contributions (both financial and intellectual) to the APUG community and strive to find a balance of give and take.
    To Sean, your financials are no one's business but your own and I am not alone in my faith that your decisions are well thought out. We trust that you are striving for a fair and fruitful balance between your own needs (every man has to eat) and those of the community.

Off to look for my bottle opener (Oh, wait... it's only 1451, hmm, better wait)

-Brad

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    Is it rude to ask all those that post to subscribe?
    Do you mean just ask or make posting closed to any but subscribers?

If it's the latter then it defeats the whole purpose of an open-source site. Posting and reading should be open to all who have a browser. Additional features should require subscription.

Don't get my posts wrong, I have nothing against those who do not wish to subscribe. I'm just finding it a bit more than rude (not to mention tiresome) to have those who don't questioning the price and/or the practice.

It's a done deal!
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I choose to support Sean and his efforts. $24.00/year is nothing compared to what I get out of this site: the info; the friendships; the Print Exchanges - hell that alone is worth the subscription cost!) and all the other aspects of APUG.
    I ain't rich... far from it, sometimes I can't even afford the cost of supplies. But I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, have done so in the past and will continue to do so.
    Sean - a grateful THANKS for all your efforts!

gene

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin