Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,681   Posts: 1,548,512   Online: 834

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Subscription rate changes

Hi All, I have raised the subscription rates to correspond to a rate of $24US per year. Many are aware of the recent discussion we had about the rates. There are also two rates for students and those who might have financial hardship (mainly international users battling exchange rates). It was a tough decision to do this, and quite possibly a change that will define the future of the site. If subs continue to come in at the new rate, then working apug as a dedicated part timer could become a reality. This means continued improvement of the site and quality growth. If subs die out because of this increase then I would probably have to re-evaluate my commitment to running such a time consuming venture plus a day job (running out of gas). I am optimistic that many will put the cost into perspective and $2 per month will not seem like too much. I would love to keep our momentum going. Many of you have already renewed your subscriptions at a higher rate and I am very grateful. If things continue as they are I could be working apug part time in Jan/Feb. I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from.

Thanks!, Sean

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,
    You are doing some great work here and I would like to see it grow and continue. I am currently subscribed at $12 and have no problem with the $24 rate. How do I renew my subscription at $24?
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to me that $24US for APUG is a far better deal than most magazine subscriptions. The new rate won't dissuade me from renewing when the time comes.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,

I thought the recent discussion was about $20 per year for a sub.

I think that $24 is pushing it a bit.

Regards
    Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    Sean,

I thought the recent discussion was about $20 per year for a sub.

I think that $24 is pushing it a bit.

Regards
    Graham.
    The extra ~$0.33/month is pushing it a bit? And in the recent discussion the original $20 price point was changed to $24/year to make partial year subscriptions $2/month instead of $1.667/month and there were no objections based on the increase from $20->$24.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well the extra $0.33 per month may sound irrelevant but it adds up to an extra $4 a year. Golly gosh, it's lucky you're a mathematician. Maybe you can do the sums for me and work out the additional cost over 5 years.

That $4 makes a difference between me renewing or not.
    $20 bucks I renew, $24 I think about it, and probably don't

If I were Sean, I'd prefer to get people renewing rather than thinking about renewing.

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sub. rates.

Graham is correct Sean. That extra .33 cents a month is going to break my bank account,NOT!
    I have made many friends and learned far more here on APUG than any photo course I have attended. When I renew I will actually send in more $ then the going rate.

Long Live Analog
    Long Live APUG

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Graham is correct Sean. That extra .33 cents a month is going to break my bank account,NOT!
    I have made many friends and learned far more here on APUG than any photo course I have attended. When I renew I will actually send in more $ then the going rate.

Long Live Analog
    Long Live APUG

Mike
    Good luck Mike. All you say is true, but I'm not going to pay more than $20 for access to a website, no matter how interesting the content. It's not something I can stick on the bookshelf, the very nature of the web is transitory.

Graham.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everybody whoa! Please don't argue $$! What each of us is willing to pull out of our pockets for anything is an extremely personal decision. This includes pronouncements on what constitutes an "insignificant" anmout of money, again extremely personal decision

To question anyone's judgement of cost is bound to be offensive. I've been involved with a number of websites where these discussions have begun and they have all degenerated quickly into flame wars, hurt feelings and the loss of members.

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Try asking the book a question it doesn't cover.

Something is either worth the price or it's not. Simply let your wallet speak for you. If it's too much, donate what you can if you find the site of benifit.

Simply put, this web site is expensive in terms of money and time. Think how good a photographer Sean would be if he used his time to photograph instead of helping out the entire community (well, ok, let's not ask for miracles. [just kidding there Sean]).

Let's all pitch in and keep this going in what ever way we can.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin