Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,941   Online: 1009

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Attention APUG-Gallery Sellers

For those who have started uploading to the gallery http://www.apug-gallery.com I have found and resolved an issue. Buried in the gallery code was an image quality upload setting of 80%. I believe this is why many of the images uploaded to the gallery suffer image quality problems. I have now set this quality setting at 100% and have done a few tests and the improvement in quality is substantial. Unfortunately you will have to login, go to manage your prints link, and re-upload your images to take advantage of the new settings. For the absolute best quality possible prepare your images at 460pixels wide and 72dpi. Re-uploading is optional, if you think your images look ok you can leave them, but for those who want theirs to look better I suggest re-uploading. Apologies this was not caught earlier. Thanks, Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, the link "View/Edit Photos I have for sale" does not appear to give the option to re-upload a new image. I may try to get this added to the code, stay tuned..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I should have also been more clear about the 460 pixels wide setting. You should save your files at 460 pixels wide in all cases. If you save it at less than 460 pixels wide the system will enlarge it to 460 pixels which could reduce quality. I will try to recode it so it will not stretch images under 460 pixels wide but this will take a little time. Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just a thought Sean, but 460 pixels seems pretty small. I don't know about disk space and other requirements, but a lot of images really need to be much bigger in order to get any sense of the image.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Just a thought Sean, but 460 pixels seems pretty small. I don't know about disk space and other requirements, but a lot of images really need to be much bigger in order to get any sense of the image.
    The pictures are displayed in the gallery at that size at present are, I think, of an acceptable size. It’s not just storage capacity, but download speed that must be a consideration.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The main reason I don't want to go larger than 460pixels wide is because many scans are poor quality and 460 keeps them looking ok even if they are poor quality. If someone uploads a bad scan at 800 pixels then the customer will end up with a huge eyesore on their screen. I could put an option on the upload page "larger image scan available on request", then if a client really wants to see a larger one I can contact the photographer for it..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin