Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,237   Online: 971

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    [SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))[/SIZE]

The final bug fixes are in place: Photographers page is now alphabetical. All page numbering is working correctly. now when you edit your prints you have the option to reupload a new image. prints under 460 pixels wide will not stretch, prints over 460 pixels wide will be reduced and the print can be clicked on for extra large version (will make that more visible soon). We should be able to open the gallery this weekend. Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nice work Sean.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The facility to obtain a larger image is a good one, but still erratic; works on some but not all. I find the sudden transition from a white background to a black one a little disconcerting. The arn't criticisms, only comments, I can appreciate the amount of hard work that is going into this venture.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Dave, I haven't fully tested the larger image function. I should be able to make the enlarged version have the same background as the smaller. Also I can have a link put in to "click for an enlarged version" only if there is an enlarged version available. Thanks for the feedback

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah jeeze, I was hoping you'd forget to change the price on your stop sign print, Sean. I was gonna buy a few dozen for $1.00 each and hawk 'em locally for much more.

Nice shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Poco

*another update* More changes. Ok, if you upload an image larger than 460 pixels wide your print will be resized to 460 pixels wide but will now have a link underneath the print to view an enlarged version. If your print is 460 pixels wide or less there will be no link to view an enlarged version (this is so people will not click and end up with an 'enlarged' version the same size as the one on the print page). I'll make all this more clear on the upload page. Also the tabs for "Most Popular Prints" & "Newest Prints" are working now. I'm relieved the software is now doing everything I need it to.. Really looking forward to building a great collection of traditional work for sale. I'll also start some advertising in the near future. Thanks

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi Sean,

Are there specific criteria for the print sales gallery? Thanks for all of your hard work. This is an exceptional organization!

Regards, Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Don, thanks! I am currently getting the recommended/guidelines in place but the basics are:
    -must be an apug subscriber
    -work sold must be 100% traditional with zero digital involvement
    -work should be the high quality possible (this is where the recommended guidelines will come in)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi Don, thanks! I am currently getting the recommended/guidelines in place but the basics are:
    -must be an apug subscriber
    -work sold must be 100% traditional with zero digital involvement
    -work should be the high quality possible (this is where the recommended guidelines will come in)
    While I stand by and support your efforts, as well as applauding the tremendous time and effort you put into getting this gallery up and running, I find your stance to be short-sighted at best. The color workflow is totally different from the B&W workflow, and I am printing my images in the only way that I find possible. I currently offer 14 images (soon to be doubled), each in sizes ranging from 11x14 to 30x40 (and 40x50 for special orders), there is no way I could handle this volume either printing myself or sending my transparencies off to the mainland everytime I need a print done, and still maintain the quality that I want (I expect my 11x14s to look just like my 30x40s). I am just as commited to shooting film and I am just as commited to printing on photographic paper as you or anyone else on APUG, but I am realistic enough to know that I don't have the same variety of materials to choose from that the B&W photographer does. It is your gallery and you are free to set the rules as you choose. I hope you aren't offended by my statements, but I am an APUG subscriber and I support the mission of APUG - I just disagree that using a Chromira falls outside that mission.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin