Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1163

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    If Sean is going to set up some sort of central collection, I'll happily contribute. However I'm curious as to why Kevin's having to pay for all this- is it not covered by auto insurance normally?
    Likewise. This a nightmare scenario for anyone. I'd be glad to contribute. BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks everyone.

I failed to mention that Kevin has a very nice website where he sells his fine prints and more for VERY reasonable price. Kevin does some very nice work and his prints are VERY high quality made. It could also help him out if anyone purchased a print or some of the great stuff he has on his site. He is also making film holder bags, lens bags, and more that can be found under the classified. It may take him a short while to get the packages out to you, but it will be well worth it.

www.kjsphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am sending Kevin a check today, I'd do paypal but I've promised my husband I will cut down of credit card purchases. I'm sure if my family were in this horrible situation, I would so appreciate my fellow APUG'ers caring enough to show our concern in a meaningful way. I wish a speedy recovery to his family.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would buy a print or two but if Kevin must take time to make prints to 'earn' these donations it may be counter productive to him. There are many prints on his site that I would be proud to own but maybe this isn't the time to ask him to make prints. Perhaps a simple donation with no strings attached is in order and more in keeping with his needs right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI Kevin has had a very bad time for quite a few years. He like so many lost his computer related job and has been scrambling every since. He has limited resources. His wife also before this had/has a serious illness. The Kevin we all know is a person driven to succeed. He has never asked us for help before, he just keeps plugging away doing what he can to support his family. He is not asking now, but we who do know him are asking for him. This accident is just the last and most stressful of a long line of incidents that have tried to break a valient man.

I will kick in Free 1 year subscriptions to the next 10 people who donate at least $75 to Kevin and his family. PM me with you donation reciept from paypal. Beware though McPhotox, Jim Moore and I all talk a lot in the chatroom so we can cross reference who is getting what. We want the rewards to be shared equally.

If anyone donates $150 (one person I only have one extra easel) I will also (I can't beleive I will give this up) 2 boxes of postcard stock, I adjustable two bladed 5x7 easel for the postcards, and my one bottle unopened of rodinal.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sent $50 to Kevin and I will offer 3 of my prints at $100 Including shipping (not mounted or matted) where the money will be sent to Kevin. Just PM me, tell me which one you want and foward me the pay pal receipt you have sent the money to Kevin and I will have your print in the mail next week.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Kevin's website is www.kjsphotography.com, and he has fine prints, "wall art" produced I'm guessing by some mysterious process not discussed on APUG, and posters, priced for every budget. Might I suggest that we all head over there to do at least some of our holiday shopping.
    Lets consider this for a minute. It is a good intention but I doubt Kevin might be in the mood and/or capable of printing right now. IMO it is better to just send a donation and for those of us who are able to print at the moment to offer our prints in his behalf.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is what makes apug so great. We may squabble, and have differences, but we pull together like family. Now ya'll have me crying again.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Lets consider this for a minute. It is a good intention but I doubt Kevin might be in the mood and/or capable of printing right now. IMO it is better to just send a donation and for those of us who are able to print at the moment to offer our prints in his behalf.
    I talked to Kevin lastnight, and he is such a humble, genuine man that he said even people buying prints from his site would be a huge help. He is trying, like many of us, to make a living at doing his photography, so purchasing prints would help out also.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped him out so far. Lets all get in the Christmas giving spirt and help a family out at a time of need!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for passing this along. I'm going to keep him and his family in my prayers, and I'll see what I can do to help him in other ways as well.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin