Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,235   Online: 847

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Attention-Your help is needed for a fellow APUG member. -Please Read-

A few days ago, fellow APUG member KJSPHOTO, Kevin Saitta's family was in a serious car accident and badly injured. His wife suffered sever injures, along with his younger daughter who received serious head injuries as well. She suffered severe trauma to the head and had to be helicoptered from the accident scene to receive emergency sugery to her face and head. Along with the costs of medical bills, the helicopter and more, they also totaled their car in the accident.

I'm sure I don’t need to tell you how expensive all of this cost, but I can tell you its many thousands of dollars of debt.

I am asking that any APUGGER'S who know Kevin or are willing to help out, please make a donation in his care. Being the Holiday's, this is a terrible thing to have happen to his family and I hope all of you are willing to help them out abit.

All PayPal donations can be made to Kevin's email address of kev@kconcept.com PayPal is free to use and you can send money using a credit card if you want. go to www.PayPal.com and you just click SEND MONEY and enter the email address and your info.

You can also send check/money order to the following PO box.
    Kevin Saitta
    P.O. Box 320
    Groveland, CA 95321

Also, To encourage more people to help out, I will donate several of my prints to this cause. Anyone who make a donation of more then $75.00 to help Kevin and his family back on their feet will receive a recent, mounted 8x10 AZO print from my APUG gallery. All you have to do is make the donation to his PayPal account and forward me the email showing that you did.

Please help out a fellow APUG member and his family out in a time of need.

Thank you kindly,

Ryan McIntosh
    Last edited by User Removed; 12-09-2005 at 12:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the information Ryan, I can't imagine what Kevin's going through right now. I'm sure many of us will do whatever we can to help. If anyone wants me to do something on a sitewide level just let me know. Sean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Time to step up, people... Ryan - thanks for heading this up. I don't know Kevin well, but I can't possibly imagine what he and his family must be going through. Please help, if you can...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've sent in the last 4, 1yr subscription payments. It's not much in the scheme of things but hopefully things will add up in Kev's account..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If Sean is going to set up some sort of central collection, I'll happily contribute. However I'm curious as to why Kevin's having to pay for all this- is it not covered by auto insurance normally?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    If Sean is going to set up some sort of central collection, I'll happily contribute. However I'm curious as to why Kevin's having to pay for all this- is it not covered by auto insurance normally?
    Depends on the coverage he carried on the auto, often times extrodinary measures as they are called here in the US are not covered by your auto policy.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, here in the states insurance coverage is set in increments. There is coverage for many things, liability, personal property, collision damage, glass and medical coverage. Some things are covered and some are not. For example, an ambulance ride may be covered, while an air evacuation (thousands of dollars at times, due to distance and location) might not be. The coverage for medical is usually paid on a per-incident basis with an upper limit. With the cost of a serious accident and multiple injuries, limits can be exceeded in short order if severe trauma or plastic surgery is necessary.

Our prayers go out to Kevin and his family. Christmas is coming folks, lets try to help as we are able, each in their own way. tim curry & family

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kevin's website is www.kjsphotography.com, and he has fine prints, "wall art" produced I'm guessing by some mysterious process not discussed on APUG, and posters, priced for every budget. Might I suggest that we all head over there to do at least some of our holiday shopping.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I know that Kev's family has had a rough year, but this is just to much.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Kev.

Along with a monetary donation, I too will offer a Matted/Mounted print to anyone who donates $50 or more.

I think that's a great idea Ryan and I challenge others to follow your lead.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Moore; 12-09-2005 at 12:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Kevin's website is www.kjsphotography.com, and he has fine prints, "wall art" produced I'm guessing by some mysterious process not discussed on APUG, and posters, priced for every budget. Might I suggest that we all head over there to do at least some of our holiday shopping.

GREAT Idea David.....
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin