Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,683   Online: 928

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its the DNS thing. Sean emailed me earlier today with "fixed" and it has just now propagated and allowed me to log in. Seems to be somewhat faster than before. Thanks Sean!
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey, Blaze-on, thats not so bad. I got to jonesing so bad that I spent an hour at graflex.org, reading the same posts that are asked over and over again for the past several years. Got to talk to my doc about some medicine for this...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bit redundant posting it here as if you can read this, it's already fixed for you, but....

You can help things along by flushing the DNS cache on your local Windows box by opening a command window and typing ipconfig /flushdns at the command prompt (Win 2000 & XP - can't remember back as far as Win '98, but it's probably the same...) which will ensure that you pick up the new DNS entries. You may need to clear the Temporary Internet Files cache in Internet Explorer too if you use that, but try it without first. That's what got me back to APUG.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    still can't get in directly off my browser, but can still get in thru AOL. Could the problem with the service cancelled due to non payment be a mistake caused by the other APUG.ORG? Australia Process Users Group.ORG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bohica
    still can't get in directly off my browser, but can still get in thru AOL. Could the problem with the service cancelled due to non payment be a mistake caused by the other APUG.ORG? Australia Process Users Group.ORG
    I would have a tendancy to say your ISP has a proxy server that has cached the other information and has not updated their proxy correctly for a few days, our local ISP company was famous for doing this for a long time and I used to have to call them and have them do a forced proxy update to get things to propegate correctly when we published clients websites, it was a real pain in the rear!

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bohica
    Could the problem with the service cancelled due to non payment be a mistake caused by the other APUG.ORG? Australia Process Users Group.ORG
    No, I suspect the message is just a generic one Sean's hosting service put up. FWIW, web domains are always referred to by a number, not by name - in this case APUG is 64.62.200.203. The DNS server translates what you type, to the numeric number that a computer can understand.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Ever since the change, I've been encountering an odd problem with Mozilla Firefox under Linux: When I enter "http://www.apug.org" as the URL, I get a page with the text "http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php". That's plain text, not a link. I get the same page after logging in and clicking the "click here if you're not redirected" (or words to that effect) link. Every other browser I've tried, including Mozilla (non-Firefox), Konqueror, and Opera, redirects to the /forums/home.php page rather than display the URL as plain text. I didn't have this problem prior to the change, so clearly something's changed that's causing Firefox to misbehave. Given that only Firefox is behaving this way, I'm inclined to believe it's more of a Firefox issue than an APUG issue, but as this problem began with the change in APUG hosting, I thought I'd detail it here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am running the latest version of Firefox both on my Mac box and my Windows box and have not had any issues since the other day when the change was taking place...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No issues with firefox on xp and osx, any other linux users in here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    No issues with firefox on xp and osx, any other linux users in here?
    Yes, but I'm not using Firefox. When I compiled the latest version of Firefox (v1.5) from source a week or so ago it had lots of problems with showing the wrong cached pages, not following redirects, blank pages etc so I deleted it as it wasn't even nearly useable. Plain Mozilla appears to work fine as has been suggested. I have had to set my timezone to GMT+3 instead of GMT+11 (Australian Eastern Summer Time) to get the post dates/times correct though.

Roger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin