Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,697   Online: 791

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, I'm using Firefox 1.0.7 on Gentoo running on an AMD64 system. Of course, it's also possible there's an interaction with some user setting (popup windows, JavaScript, etc.). Even seemingly unrelated issues sometimes interact in buggy ways. Fortunately, this problem isn't one that prevents my accessing the site; I just need to cut-and-paste the URL that's displayed or click a bookmark toolbar link to APUG (which is set to the login URL, rather than the base URL). This problem could be more serious for somebody who doesn't know the workaround, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your running 1.0.7, you need to go to the website and update your version of Firefox, you about 2 updates behind...most of the problems I had, have now been cleared up with the current release of Firefox.

Dave

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Firefox is up to 1.5 now

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    Firefox 1.0.7 is the latest that's supported in a stable Gentoo installation (at least as of this morning, which is the last time I did an "emerge sync"). I'm not going to go outside of the Gentoo ebuild system for a program as major as Firefox. As I said, the glitch getting into APUG isn't what I'd consider a major problem, but it is a problem, and it is related in some way (that I don't claim to understand) to the recent server changes for APUG, even if that relationship just highlights a Firefox bug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694
    Firefox 1.0.7 is the latest that's supported in a stable Gentoo installation (at least as of this morning, which is the last time I did an "emerge sync"). I'm not going to go outside of the Gentoo ebuild system for a program as major as Firefox. As I said, the glitch getting into APUG isn't what I'd consider a major problem, but it is a problem, and it is related in some way (that I don't claim to understand) to the recent server changes for APUG, even if that relationship just highlights a Firefox bug.
    With the server change came an ip address change, maybe that is causing some wierdness for you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The problems I experienced with my own site as well as this one were associated with the server and I.P. address change.
    Because I need to check the operation of the sites I maintain I run Firefox 1.5 and Opera 8.51 as well as Internet Explorer, and do not experience any trouble with any of them.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    With the server change came an ip address change, maybe that is causing some wierdness for you?
    I doubt it. Firefox is getting the redirect URL, and if it's cut-and-pasted manually, it displays the APUG site. IP address problems are usually much less subtle than this. It smells like a Web browser bug and/or a problem with how the site is redirecting browsers. My guess is there was a software upgrade or some subtle configuration change along with the server move, and this is interacting badly with the version of Firefox I'm using or with some configuration option on my browser.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    test

Shooter
    35mm
    Deleting cookies had no effect, but shutting down and restarting Firefox did. (I normally leave my computer on 24/7 and the Web browser running; I use my computer enough that shutting it down just doesn't make sense.) I've had some other problems that I suspect are related to the time corrections mentioned in other threads, though; I hope those are over now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    try manually deleting your apug cookie from the file system level, that has fixed similar issues

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin