Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1144

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Had some timeouts this morning.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not sure what it might have been. I have a monitoring service that monitors the site 24x7 it does a check from over 10 global locations every 5 minutes and pages me if any of the locations fail the check. Might have been a local thing in your area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fyi- I had to restart the database engine, brief outage sorry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok few moments of downtime today due to a strange issue with my database backups. Every few days I take an offsite backup of just the forum database which results in a 140+meg zip file (unzipped it's over 500meg). I have never had trouble doing this but tonight for some reason while the backup is downloading the site becomes non-responsive, backup completes and the site responds again. I'm asking some guys at the vbulletin site if they've ever seen this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    are you running the 'fasterfox' plugin? sometimes that is tagged by our security system as a malicious page stripper and your ip can get bocked. Can you please go here and PM me your ip address: http://www.whatismyip.com

Thanks, Sean

Indeed, I´m running fasterfox plugin. But today I reset my router and was able to get in (finally!). But now I don't know if it was from the reset or if you unblocked my IP adress (btw, my IP adress isn't fixed, it's atributted by my ISP each time I logon. How would this work?).
    I am not afraid of grain.
    http://fotodura.pt.to

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Hi Sean,
    I've been having trouble getting onto APUG for a couple weeks now from my home in NJ (using Time Warner cable). Neither my desktop nor my wife's laptop was able to hit the site. Whenever we tried, 3 different web browsers popped up a dialog box saying (paraphrased) "too many redirects for this url". Interestingly, my wife and her laptop went to a conference for a few days and she was able to connect to APUG without problems via the hotel's wifi, yet I still couldn't connect from home. Today, I am at our weekend house in upstate NY using Mid-Hudson Cable to connect, and all is fine. I expect I will still find I cannot connect from my NJ home when I go back there tomorrow. Any suggestions for remedying the problem are greatly appreciated.

By the way, when I connected with Opera, I could actually watch the endless looping of the page loading slowly, then when the status bar filled, starting right over again. Accoding to Google, this error typically occurs due to bad code.

Thanks for looking into this.

Victor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic
    Hi Sean,
    I've been having trouble getting onto APUG for a couple weeks now from my home in NJ (using Time Warner cable). Neither my desktop nor my wife's laptop was able to hit the site. Whenever we tried, 3 different web browsers popped up a dialog box saying (paraphrased) "too many redirects for this url". Interestingly, my wife and her laptop went to a conference for a few days and she was able to connect to APUG without problems via the hotel's wifi, yet I still couldn't connect from home. Today, I am at our weekend house in upstate NY using Mid-Hudson Cable to connect, and all is fine. I expect I will still find I cannot connect from my NJ home when I go back there tomorrow. Any suggestions for remedying the problem are greatly appreciated.

By the way, when I connected with Opera, I could actually watch the endless looping of the page loading slowly, then when the status bar filled, starting right over again. Accoding to Google, this error typically occurs due to bad code.

Thanks for looking into this.

Victor
    Hi Victor, when you get to your home connection visit this site: http://www.whatismyip.com and email me your ip address sean@apug.org

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rduraoc
    Indeed, I´m running fasterfox plugin. But today I reset my router and was able to get in (finally!). But now I don't know if it was from the reset or if you unblocked my IP adress (btw, my IP adress isn't fixed, it's atributted by my ISP each time I logon. How would this work?).
    you probably had an ip being blocked and the router reset gave you a new ip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean,

I've been unable to access APUG for about the past 24 hours. The error message was:

"...the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Whatever you did seems to have fixed the problem. I have never experienced any type of connectivity issues in the past.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Allen, about 10 people got blocked due to a software glitch. I have discovered an issue between the gallery and our security software. If there are any issues with a gallery thumbnail many errors are generated. The security software thinks -uh oh a lot of failed attempts on the site within several seconds we must be under attack- so it blocks that ip. I have loosened this up and I also know what to look for now in the future. If the system notification emails inform me an ip was banned and the url links back to the gallery I now know it's bogus, but hopefully this will not happen again. Thanks, Sean

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin