Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,288   Online: 831

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

attn: if you user firefox with "fasterfox" plugin or other page caching apps

Hi All,

I have come across a few members who use the fasterfox extension and other page downloading/caching applications. These types of apps usually work in similar ways to what hackers might use with their own malicious programs & tools. If you are using these types of apps for general purpose the site may detect you as a hacker and block your ip. Best to disable them when using apug and if you get blocked email me with your current ip address so I can have you re-activated. to find your ip address you can go here: http://www.whatismyip.com

Thanks,
    Sean

nyx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What exact part of Fasterfox makes this problem? Page prefetching or some higher level of optimization. I'm using it on Optimized and with prefetching disabled.

And if some IP is banned, will the ban expire after some time?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin