Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,505   Online: 902

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

outage due to server reboot

Hi All, we should be back to normal, were down for a bit mostly waiting on the disk check to complete after a server reboot.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update, Sean. I wasn't able to login earlier today but everything seems fine now. I need my daily 'fix' of APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I figured it was something like that. Glad it's all routine stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi All, we should be back to normal, were down for a bit mostly waiting on the disk check to complete after a server reboot.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Hi Sean,

Do you know why the disks are being checked (errors, count or interval exceeded)? I've configured most of my linux filesystems to only check themselves if there's an error or every six months, whichever occurs earlier. It can save some time. Even with the default configuration you shouldn't be getting a disk check on every reboot.

Roger.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin