Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,947   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    For those not acquainted with the English clock, Lunchtime is about an hour after Elevenses and tends to coincide with Tiffin. Not to be confused with Dinnertime, Afternoon Tea or Teatime.
    Gee Andy,

I believe we have a fan of The Lord of the Rings in our midsts.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing to do with LOTR, those are all real English terms for having a bite to eat or a cuppa.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Nothing to do with LOTR, those are all real English terms for having a bite to eat or a cuppa.
    Sorry Andy, the Elevenses struck a chord.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Sorry Andy, the Elevenses struck a chord.

Rich
    I'm not surprised, Tolkien based the culture of the Hobbits on the rural English life he knew and lived as a child. Put very simply the LOTR is based on his dislike of the new industrial age and it's destruction of rural culture. (Mordor being the new industrial/urban way of life and the rest of Middle Earth being the Old World).

Anyway, back on topic, the server migration seems to have gone quite smoothly, kudos to Sean!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea! That was relatively painless.

NOT like the migration to the newest Microsoft Exchange Server where I work -- we lost email for 5 full working days to about 5,000 people with about 1 hour of working access each day!

What a disaster... They will be cleaning up that mess for the next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sure is a lot faster!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean. I know how difficult it can be to sync up these things, especially the database.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm glad to see the improved performance for everyone. Not only should it be faster but the timeout issues should also be history now.

As for any lost data it looks like we're out of luck. I tried to ensure this would not happen but certain things were out of my control. Luckily that was the only major issue we had. 4 new accounts were lost and 3 of the individuals have contacted me so that will be corrected soon.

Onto the site upgrades. I had a coder doing a few critical modifications for me on the dev site and he vanished. I find it odd that we were in daily contact for weeks then he disappeared and there has been no response for 2 weeks (not like this guy at all because he was very professional). I fear something bad has happened to him. Yesterday I found a new coder to finish up his work and he'll be able to start in 3 days. He should have things finished a day or so after that. So the new target date for the site upgrades will be the week of the 24th (hopefully early week).

Thanks,
    Sean

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    We're almost 100% normal ...
    I presume you mean the system, not the members.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't noticed any real improvement but I can't rule out that my ISP ( Tiscali) seems to have been playing up. In the last 2 days I have been logged on at 1.1 Mbps whereas previously it always showed 2.3 although I have been told that this means up to 2.3. I find myself randomly logged out and having to reconnect.

Any of you out there use Tiscali? If so are you experiencing a problem? Trying Tiscali itself for an answer is hopeless. I wish I were more broadband literate.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin