Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,386   Online: 709

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    True, but I deal with their problems on a daily basis (117 servers in the data center to date, 23 more on order) so I've seen their idea of quality control. They sell a product with a warranty and a claim of a certain level of performance, and in my experience, they are overly optimistic about that level of performance. Just because they don't make to component doesn't mean they have no responsibility for failures.

- Randy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wanted to say that while I missed access to the site, the outage wasn't inconvenient. No worries. Thanks for working to get it back up so quickly.
    N

Q17

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all of your hard work, Sean! Excellent job getting it going again! Although I missed having the site here, it prompted me to get out, shoot some photos and go to the Diane Arbus show.

Now, get some sleep!

=michelle=
    “While photographs may not lie, liars may photograph. It becomes necessary then to see to it that the camera we depend on contracts no bad habits.”

Lewis Hine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks a buddle for all the efforts to put everything back to normal. Must have been quite a stressful day that you had. You've earn the respect of everyone.

And get some sleep, we'll survive.

Marc

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Absolutely amazing !! The dedication that Sean gives in support of a forum that (for most of us) is a recreation site is above and beyond praise.

Thank you !!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sean,
    thank you for all of you hard work.

I quickly found out how much I enjoy APUG and how much time I actually spend here.

Yikes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Damn, APUG is back up!
    ...and I was starting to have a life again...
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the hard work. APUG is back !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean for your dedication. Truly heroic.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    True, but I deal with their problems on a daily basis (117 servers in the data center to date, 23 more on order) so I've seen their idea of quality control. They sell a product with a warranty and a claim of a certain level of performance, and in my experience, they are overly optimistic about that level of performance.
    Tell me about it. I bought a Dell laptop, at the time a top of the line model. It went through 3 motherboards in less than 2 years. The first two were replaced under warranty, but third motherboard they wanted $500 to repair. It was their poor design, but they still wouldn't stand behind their product. Needless to say, I will not buy another Dell. FWIW, last quarter Dell reported lower earnings than they expected - not surprising, given their poor customer service.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin