Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,271   Online: 993

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good morning, Sean: I, too, would like to add my thanks for all your hard work. I'd also like to make an observation: A major meltdown of a highly addictive site and what appears in this thread as a result of that meltdown? Five pages of kudos, plaudits, and "attaboys" for you, personally. More proof that what you've created is unique and totally different from the Flickrs and Photo.nets of the world. You've created a true community.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's another 'attaboy' thanks for all your hard work. Do take a breather now and then and get some rest! I know what it feels like - 'been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!' I have spent a few long nights recovering financial data-bases from failure - it's no picnic. Glad we're back!

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am still seeing it painfully long connect times. Lots of waiting for www.apug.org messages.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a nightmare!!

Good to know you can work with your host like this, though. (Hey, always try to find some kind of silver lining!)

It started acting a little squirrelly on me right before the crash, and after a couple of hours I feared the worst. Thanks for the dedicated effort to bring us back online. That took a lot.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I am still seeing it painfully long connect times. Lots of waiting for www.apug.org messages.lee\c
    Me too !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all you do Sean. Your efforts and dedication are greatly appreciated.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I am still seeing it painfully long connect times. Lots of waiting for www.apug.org messages.
    Not from here- in fact it's a lot better than it's been in a very long while!

Sean, your efforts are (as always) appreciated. And those of the poor people who were dealing with the hardware, too!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Sean

I have to confess I felt it too -
    which just goes to show how addicted I've become over the past couple of months. With good reason. Don't know what I'd do without AUG now
    Cate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for your efforts, Sean! As always, very much appreciated.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    -also working on a failover page so in the event of an outage we can have a notice with temporary chatroom.
    This would hjave lowered the APUG anxiety level by 1,000,000 %

Thanks for all your hard work.

Matt

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin