Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,682   Online: 852

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- might be the odd brief outage over the next few days

Hi All,

As some things are tweaked on the new server there might be an outage now and then over the next few days. Just giving you a heads up.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Did we have a short one just now???
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we just had one. Will the next one be an even brief outage? :rolleyes:
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    No problem (tweak, flinch)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yeah just had one, I should have posted this notice yesterday sorry.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not a problem. Nevertheless, for some reason I thought there was a software update involved with this upgrade. Dare I to say it?
    The 'Large Format User Group' has a very similar user interface, but it seems a bit more modern and easier to use. The software skeleton must be the same? Also, on their site the hybrid mode still works when I open a scroll-down mnue from the top, here it seems to overlap (Mac OSX). But is not the main thing, I was hoping for some kind of a refreshening, but to the user, this whole thing (it must have a very been big thing for Sean, I'm sure, $$$ and otherwise) seems a bit 'transparent'.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht
    Not a problem. Nevertheless, for some reason I thought there was a software update involved with this upgrade.
    Ralph, the upgrade hasn't been installed yet, this is having to do with moving datacenters and hardware upgrades and whatnot--not software/front-end upgrades.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny. I dislike the new LF Forum interface and thought it was a huge step backwards.

I prefer the old LF set-up to the new and the APUG, but the APUG is the better of the two current designs, in my opinion.

Shooter
    35mm
    As a matter on interest how long was it? I lost connection about 9:30pm BST and have just come on again at 11:00pm. I had no means of knowing whether this was a short "blip" or the start of another 36 hrs problem as per the weekend.

If there are going to be several in the next few days/week or so it would certainly help if there were announcements. We can then check the announcement board after logging on and this eliminates the awful uncertainty of not knowing if it is a scheduled outage or the start of another serious crash.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm having a failover system put in place tomorrow. This way a status page will be in place + a temporary chatroom whenever the server goes down.

Once the failoverpage is in place tomorrow we'll be running some diagnostics on the server. The host wants to have another look at system memory and the kernel in more detail to make sure everything is solid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin