Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,834   Posts: 1,582,395   Online: 889

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG Upgrade re-scheduled for tonight Midnight CST US time -site may be locked down

Hi All,

Looks like we should be able to get this upgrade going tonight at midnight. I will probably password lock the entire apug.org domain while we do this. You'll end up with a password box and will be unable to access the site. The site may be locked for up to 2hrs, hopefully much less. Fingers crossed we'll get this out of the way finally.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well hopfully you will be able to get it done this time...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker
    Well hopfully you will be able to get it done this time...

Dave
    That's for sure, me saying it's going to be done several times a week is getting very old..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    That's for sure, me saying it's going to be done several times a week is getting very old..
    Good luck tonight. Hope it gives us faster times and "kills off" a few bugs.

Speaking of bugs, there seems to be a problem on the Sponsors page.

Mine was one of the "lost subscriptions" to Emulsion Magazine (their problem - not APUG's). After confirming this with Aggie I just tried to re-subscribe via the Sponsor page here. However, none of the link icons show up for any sponsors so I couldn't get to their site via here. Thought you might want to know - perhaps upgrade will also solve this?

(Oh, I did my subscription via Emulsion site directly)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's hard to type with my fingers crossed.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    Good luck tonight. Hope it gives us faster times and "kills off" a few bugs.

Speaking of bugs, there seems to be a problem on the Sponsors page.

Mine was one of the "lost subscriptions" to Emulsion Magazine (their problem - not APUG's). After confirming this with Aggie I just tried to re-subscribe via the Sponsor page here. However, none of the link icons show up for any sponsors so I couldn't get to their site via here. Thought you might want to know - perhaps upgrade will also solve this?

(Oh, I did my subscription via Emulsion site directly)
    Are you running any ad blocking software or plugins? If so you may have trouble with the sponsors page, etc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Are you running any ad blocking software or plugins? If so you may have trouble with the sponsors page, etc
    Have to look into that. I don't usually go to the link from my home site (tighter than at work!) so yes, I may have an ad blocker at play.

Sorry for the distraction - but would rather keep my "blocker" on - if you know what I mean!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    Have to look into that. I don't usually go to the link from my home site (tighter than at work!) so yes, I may have an ad blocker at play.

Sorry for the distraction - but would rather keep my "blocker" on - if you know what I mean!
    most blockers have an allow list, so you can set it to allow ads from apug.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a veteran of a number of application upgrade/migrations, I know what you are going through. After you are satisfied that you have tested the daylights out of it, it's still fingers and toes crossed every time.

Good luck - hope it goes smoothly.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin