Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,631   Online: 877

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- APUG Classified Ad Sellers - please frequently check your ad comments

Hi All,

The 'contact seller' link is not 100% reliable. We run into many problems with various email systems thinking apug mail is spam and blocking it. For example several people who use AOL may no longer visit apug yet are still getting email notifications. Rather than unsubscribe to those notifications they mark the mail as "spam". AOL getting several of these then decides to block all mail from apug.org to aol.com. This is just one of many examples (I'm currently trying to get AOL and a few other isp's to release this blocking of us). There are so many different automated 'spam' systems in place at the moment it's a wonder we can email at all. I'll update the classifieds area with a reminder notice for sellers to keep an eye on their comments. You can also try sending a test 'contact seller' to yourself to make sure your isp is allowing mail from us.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean,

It always struck me as weird that the classifieds had an email rather than PM "reply to" button; without wishing yet even more work on you, is there a way to convert the reply to button to send a PM rather than a email or add it as an option?

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was wondering also how easy would it to add the WTB to the subject line of the ad posted when someone choose the wanted buy function, it would sure be nice to look an see whether it is a wanted or a for sale in the subject line.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think that we need to remember that the current software that APUG runs on is actually several different software packages. That is why they don't always work together seamlessly. I'm sure the new version will fix a lot of these issues.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, yup there is going to be an overhaul on the classifieds for sure. I'm going to try to integrate it much further including what is suggested above. Hopefully within a month or so..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin