Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,200   Online: 1082

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The gallery problem appears to be intermitent - sometimes you get the gallery, but sometimes you get an unformatted list of sponsor links.

Spooky - vividly demonstrates the benefits of analog technology!
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried uploading some photos: several attempts were needed before I could get one on the server.
    I hope I didn't litter the temp folder too much with lost files :-)

G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Sean

Looking Good. A job well done and I second Rogers comments.

Stuff the glitches.(thats if I have any!)

Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "new posts" is pulling in threads from the dutch and french forums too. That might be hard to fix...

Also, I'm not sure what the timeout is, but it looks like I'm not getting all threads marked as read after at least an hour automatically which is what I think was happening before. Hitting the "mark all threads as read" button seemed to work OK though.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    "new posts" is pulling in threads from the dutch and french forums too. That might be hard to fix...

Also, I'm not sure what the timeout is, but it looks like I'm not getting all threads marked as read after at least an hour automatically which is what I think was happening before. Hitting the "mark all threads as read" button seemed to work OK though.

Thanks,

Will
    I believe with this version of the software, you have to mark the threads as read - other forums I'm on that have this version of the software, work that way. They should, however, appear as threads without new post, but having unread posts after that time period.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I believe with this version of the software, you have to mark the threads as read - other forums I'm on that have this version of the software, work that way. They should, however, appear as threads without new post, but having unread posts after that time period.
    That's how it looks to me: I do some work (gasp) for a couple of hours, come back and there are a few new posts + a lot of ones that are not new, but contain unread posts listed after the new ones.

Gallery seems to be working for me now... This editor is better too: I'm used to selecting text and hitting I to get italics and B for bold and it works now... a small thing, but I like it

Sean: another wish to add to the list when you have sorted out any more major things remaining: a method of seeing all posts in date order would be useful. At the moment I can't see a way of seeing all posts other than New, or those that have unread (by me) posts in them. The LF.info forum has a "Unified View" option which lists all forums in last post order.

Cheers, Bob.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 09-18-2006 at 05:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments I had a nap and am going to look into some of these issues. We had a brief http outage earlier due to a memory issue. I think we should have restarted everything after the ugrade to clean things up. Hopefully it was a one off..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Fearless Leader...
    Many, many Thank You's. All your hard work is very much appreciated.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, is anyone having gallery problems now? If so can you describe exactly what links you are clicking etc. thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Small thing I've noticed is that at the top right corner where it writes "Welcome, xxxxxxxxxx. You have x unread PMs and x new posts" the text changes to bold in the "chatroom" page.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin