Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,120   Online: 936

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New chatroom is now in place

Hi All,

The new chatroom is in place. as with all software changes some will hate it, some will love it. A new version of this system is due out in 2007 which should have many more features and better integration than this one so hang in there. The main feature of the new system software is it's reputation for serving millions of chatters daily without issue. It is one of the most well known and respected Java chat servers on the market. This chatroom is more basic than the previous system we had but the previous system gave grief to many. Some could not get it to load at all, run without crashing, or show chats without long delays and lag. The new system runs directly on the apug server. You can also now look at the ministats at the very top of apug to see how many are in the chatroom. It should be fast and stable and far more accesible to our subscribers than the last room. Some tips for using the room are listed on the chatroom page. I'll be in there for a few mins if anyone wants to try it out.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It loaded a lot faster than I'm used to.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Neat , excellent job, Sean!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I cant go in!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good, loaded fast. Had a stimulating conversation with myself until things turned to politics. Got pissed and logged off.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It did load fast, now if someone will just join in???
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any chance that the chatroom is running off an IRC server, and if so would IRC information be available if people did not want to use java to hop on , but instead an actual IRC client?
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well it takes you to the chatroom, but at no time did I see the list of who is in the chatroom. Can you please if possible reinstall that portion of the chatroom? I would like to know who is in the chatroom before I enter it.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It can be confusing with all the windows that must stay open, but it works now, no sounds or emoticons. Some people will miss those sounds, I'm guessing.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I looked at it, but when it required me to download and install the Java runtime, I decided to pass. My primary desktop is a software development machine, and I've found that the Java runtime interferes with my software development tools, and other software on my system.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin