Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,580   Online: 930

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Scott Killian at Photo Arts Collective in New Haven CT.

The Photo Arts Collective in New Haven CT. will feature Scott Killian http://www.scottkillian.com/ this Thursday evening Oct. 5th at the Kehler Liddel Gallery in the Westfield section of New Haven, Connecticut. www.photoartscollective.org

Scott who recently was part of the traveling Azo>Contact>Print show which traveled the East Coast earlier this year will discuss his ongoing book project, "The Great River Road". The book will feature photographs, which Scott has made from the road which parallels the Mississippi River for 3000 miles from Michigan to New Orleans.

The talk begins at 7PM and is open to the public for a minimal donation to the PAC.

If you would like a PDF map of directions to the gallery please e mail steve@steve-sherman.com
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen the prints Scott is showing in person and they are wonderfull. I highly recommend making the trip if you're in the area. Shawn

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't think that the Mississippi is in Michigan. Maybe you mean Minnesota? I suppose parts of the UP might be in the watershed, but it is a long way from there to upper Minnesota.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I`d love too go see Scotts prints, but I`m a bit too far away..
    Luckily I have one of his prints hanging on my wall I can look at
    Amund

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Will is correct - the Mississippi River starts in Minnesota at Lake Itasca. Since Steve's from New England, we'll forgive him this time!

Amund and Shawn - thanks for the kind words about my work. I encourange anyone who can make it to come by the gallery Thursday night at 7pm. I'll have quite a few Great River Road prints with me as well as other new work.

Best,
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wish I could see it! Let us know if you are going to exhibit in the Wisconsin area ever.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Will,

I have a solo exhibit in Minnesota that opens on November 2nd. That's as close as I'm coming to Wisconsin for now, but the River Road work will be a touring show in 2008. Sign up for my newsletter on my Website and I'll make sure I let you know when we're going to be in your neck of the woods.

Best,
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What beautiful work. As lovely as these images are online, I know it would be a pleasure to see one of your exhibits. I just signed up for the newsletter, and hope you venture into Georgia sometime!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just a note to say thanks to the fine folks at the Photo Arts Collective for having me last week. They were a great group and the Kehler Liddel Gallery is a wonderful space. I encourage those of you in the area to attend their future events. Also a big "thank you" to those of you who had kind things to say about my work in this thread.
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin