Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,556   Posts: 1,646,475   Online: 753

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    I think there is a strong resemblance to Charles Manson!
    Gay,

I would have to agree with you on this one!!!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    When I read a thread, do I know if someone has been banned from it?
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    When I read a thread, do I know if someone has been banned from it?
    No, there is no indicator..

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If someone is banned from a thread when nobody is around, does it make a sound LOL? Seriously, though, isn't there a little 'deleted posts' icon next to the thread title?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Yeah, a striking resemblance to Salvador Dali's unknown brother...
    Hmmm, I was thinking more of V.I. Lenin's grandson...

(Just adding to the existance proof that this tool is needed)

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Yeah, a striking resemblance to Salvador Dali's unknown brother...
    That is the expression of a man whose finger just poked through the paper...

Good idea Sean. Too many good threads have been derailed.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    No, there is no indicator..
    I think that's pretty bad, because that way it could be used for censorship. I know that former member Jorge has been banned from this site, and I know that Marko is on restricted access. I may or may not agree with these decisions, but at least I know what's going on. Nobody would know, however, if administrators abused the new facility to prevent certain members from voicing their opinion on certain topics.
    Last edited by Petzi; 10-14-2006 at 04:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think that's pretty bad, because that way it could be used for censorship. I know that former member Jorge has been banned from this site, and I know that Marko is on restricted access. Nobody would know, however, if administrators abused this facility to prevent certain members from voicing their opinion on certain topics.
    All opinions are welcome. It's when those opinions are not opinions but are baiting, trolling and hostile comments specifically designed to derail a thread and upset people. The community has entrusted myself and the moderators to know when that happens and put a stop to it. I think we've earned a lot of trust in our judgments over the years. If our past actions cause you concern then feel free to contact me via PM and I can discuss the specifics on any of those situations -most of which are kept out of the public domain..

I am well aware how censorship can affect forum communities, it can literally kill a community. We try pretty hard not to touch the content but there is a specific atmosphere we try to maintain within apug and that is where the mod team and mod tools come into play..

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think we've earned a lot of trust in our judgments over the years. If our past actions cause you concern then feel free to contact me via PM and I can discuss the specifics on any of those situations -most of which are kept out of the public domain..
    There were indeed cases where I disagreed with the way you and other moderators handled certain threads. Beginning from now, I will have fewer opportunity to disagree, because I won't know when moderation bans certain members.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... because I won't know when moderation bans certain members.
    We don't know when this happens now, I had no idea Jorge had been banned.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin