Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,007   Online: 751

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geroge,

It says this site brought to you by Apug.org right at the top of the page when you visit, I would imagine, if your a subscriber on apug.org, that would be where you renew your membership...I think it is a good move, there has been so many this vs. that threads on apug over the years, now this gives those who want to talk about different processes someplace to do it, and perhaps in a more civil manner than most of the other sites I have seen on the web.

I would have to say, with all the irons in the fire Sean has, kudos are in order, thanks Sean, I don't anticipate being there often, but it would be a different perspective every once in a while.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    I guess this is a good thing.

But I wonder if by having two separate sites:

1) You are creating a "ghetto" to segregate "hybrids"?

2) You may ultimately find the tail wagging the dog and the "ghetto" being APUG?

I guess what really concerns me is that there is no identifier I can see on the "Hybrid" site that shows any tie-in to APUG.

When it comes time to renew my subscription - where do I do so and what does that get me?
    There is an identifier at the top and links to apug in the forums. The homepage which is under construction has an welcome intro detailing apug's involvement. The hybrid site is free and will be ad supported (no popups). I don't see any ghetto situation, just a massive internet which has plenty of room for all types of communities..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    There is an identifier at the top and links to apug in the forums. The homepage which is under construction has an welcome intro detailing apug's involvement. The hybrid site is free and will be ad supported (no popups). I don't see any ghetto situation, just a massive internet which has plenty of room for all types of communities..
    Cool!

I registered there - but I think I'll stay here!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sure Sean, looks great and all, but where's the chat? (kidding there buddy!)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean - now I'll be able to ask my scanning and uploading questions without feeling so guilty .

Would it be correct to assume that links to threads in HybridPhoto.com won't be frowned upon here, if they are relevant to issues raised here?

And vice-versa?

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Thanks Sean - now I'll be able to ask my scanning and uploading questions without feeling so guilty .

Would it be correct to assume that links to threads in HybridPhoto.com won't be frowned upon here, if they are relevant to issues raised here?

And vice-versa?

Matt
    I did not have Hybrid with that woman - and if I did - I wouldn't have known it anyway!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Way to go Sean and John!
    Best of luck for this new venture.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Sean and John, and best of luck with the new site.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,
    Is that venture holding up the completion of Apug???Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Hi Sean,
    Is that venture holding up the completion of Apug???Evan Clarke
    Well, the plan was to always get the core of apug to a level the site could be cloned into hybridphoto.com. When we hit that level the other day I decided to go ahead and get the hybrid site up -but unfortunately the 'clone' turned out to be more of a total rebuild setting my apug dev back about 4-5 days. The hybrid site is now at a stable level that dev on apug will continue 100% until completion. We'll get there soon and I appreciate everyone's patience. Thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin