Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,639   Online: 836

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Thanks Sean - now I'll be able to ask my scanning and uploading questions without feeling so guilty .

Would it be correct to assume that links to threads in HybridPhoto.com won't be frowned upon here, if they are relevant to issues raised here?

And vice-versa?

Matt
    If a thread on APUG leads to a hybrid topic, then I would think that a link to HybridPhoto.com would be just the right solution, and then the hybrid discussion can go on over there, and the traditional discussion can continue on APUG.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks sean for getting this up and running.

there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here on apug who also have very valuable information that hybird issues that can't be found elsewhere.
    I say that , as i have been researching various sites , asking a few questions here and there and am still waiting for answers.

So, there are a lot of sites with digital information, and several with alternative processes but combining the two with really knowledgeable people who one can trust to know what they are doing hopefully will be found at hybrid.

you already have my registration and support.
    For both sites.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well, the plan was to always get the core of apug to a level the site could be cloned into hybridphoto.com. When we hit that level the other day I decided to go ahead and get the hybrid site up -but unfortunately the 'clone' turned out to be more of a total rebuild setting my apug dev back about 4-5 days. The hybrid site is now at a stable level that dev on apug will continue 100% until completion. We'll get there soon and I appreciate everyone's patience. Thanks

Is the chemistry recipe page accessible anywhere???.Thanks Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Visited the site and it looks great.
    The only problem that I see is this will add more time on the computer each day reading the posts.
    APUG.org for 20 minutes, over the APUGhybrid for 20 minutes and finally a visit to LargeFormat.com for another 20 minutes.
    way to go Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a bit confused. It seems to me that as long as this is an analog photography community that makes use of a website with galleries, there will be digital image files involved. Do discussions about preparing files for the galleries on this website have to take place on another website?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I'm a bit confused. It seems to me that as long as this is an analog photography community that makes use of a website with galleries, there will be digital image files involved. Do discussions about preparing files for the galleries on this website have to take place on another website?
    This question comes up from time to time.

The APUG online galleries are peripheral to the purpose of the site. If there is a little practical discussion about how to scan work for the web, that's okay, as long as it doesn't turn into extended general discussion about digital processes or digital printing.

The main activities on APUG are the discussion forums. While the online galleries serve some useful functions on APUG, the real APUG gallieries are the print exchanges, postcard exchange, Traveling Portfolios, local APUG gatherings, and the APUG Conference.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    way to go sean!
    looks great

--john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    thanks sean for getting this up and running.

there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here on apug who also have very valuable information that hybird issues that can't be found elsewhere.
    I say that , as i have been researching various sites , asking a few questions here and there and am still waiting for answers.

So, there are a lot of sites with digital information, and several with alternative processes but combining the two with really knowledgeable people who one can trust to know what they are doing hopefully will be found at hybrid.

you already have my registration and support.
    For both sites.
    You said it, Ann!

Sean, thank you so much for thinking of this - it is brilliant!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just signed up! Thanks Sean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

What is "Hybrid"?

I don't want to start a new thread.

In all frankness, I am confused by what is meaning of the term "hybrid".

I shoot film and have it developed (one of these days I'll finally learn how to do it myself). As a backup storage of my negatives (or slides, as the case may be) I scan these into images and put them both on a DVD and also to a separate external hard drive.

Now, clearly the scanned images are "digital" but at this point I don't do much of anything else with them except occassional upload some to the Gallery or into a thread. Then I use PS, although almost exclusively to crop and re-size to meet the file upload size limits.

So, at this stage, am I a "Hybrid Photographer"?

Or, more generally, when does someone "cross the line" into hybrid land?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin