Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,588   Posts: 1,545,870   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

HybridPhoto.com (sister site) initial site launch invitation

Hi All,

I would like to invite the APUG.ORG gray area users to register over at the new dedicated forum at http://www.HybridPhoto.com
    For now the registrations require no email validation to speed the process up.

This new website was born out of the APUG.ORG alt. process subforum "The Gray Area" which deals with digital and traditional processes. Currently HybridPhoto.com is still under construction with only the forums and gallery activated (seems to work best in firefox browser with minor graphical issues in IE that I'm working on). The plan is to finish a few more tweaks today then I must get back to some apug.org work.

This new venture will be run by myself and our own John Callow. With both of us involved there should be plenty of resource to work on and improve the site. John is also very knowledgable in web building and the hybrid arena.

As for APUG.ORG the gray area is closed and APUG is now 100% Traditional.

I hope the hybrid folks enjoy the new dedicated area and continue to use apug as well. For those who might be 'anti-hybrid' just keep in mind these folks shoot a lot of film and output to a lot of traditional papers which I believe can help in many ways to keep our materials alive.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks really nice so far, Sean. I appreciate you taking the extra step.

I'm an analog shooter all the way - but when faced with the need to make reproductions of some of my Polaroid transfers and lifts, there IS a need to understand the value of a good photo printer, pigmented inks vs dyes, etc. Some of the inkjet papers that are coming on the market these days are really lovely, as well.

It is indeed a hybrid process for me in that regard. I'd much rather use a sister site of APUG when I have the need to dip my toe into the digital waters!

Thanks again!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good luck with your new venture Sean!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

Thanks for the heads up. I will register as soon as my website e-mail is back online. E-mail has been done since Saturday. We are in the midst of getting another service and server.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just a note, in the anti-spambot random text letters verification box, some of the letters will really give people that are red-green colorblind a problem. Something like 1 in every 12 adult males is affected by this, so you might want to see if you can change the color scheme a little.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

Just wondering if I am not able to post on the new hybrid forum because I can not receive and read my e-mail or because I was not normally a participant in the grey area forum. If possible, could you send me a PM so that I can respond on the new forum? I do not know how much longer it will take for my web designer to get all of the websites and e-mail addresses to migrate to the new location.

Thanks.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    it should be working, let me check

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i accidentally turned on email verification so have disabled it and promoted recent accounts to registered status, sorry..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

I am finally able to post. So if you fixed it or it was only a short time glich, I am in.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I guess this is a good thing.

But I wonder if by having two separate sites:

1) You are creating a "ghetto" to segregate "hybrids"?

2) You may ultimately find the tail wagging the dog and the "ghetto" being APUG?

I guess what really concerns me is that there is no identifier I can see on the "Hybrid" site that shows any tie-in to APUG.

When it comes time to renew my subscription - where do I do so and what does that get me?

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin