Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,120   Online: 787

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Article System: Articles & Recipe sections are up

Hi All,

I have the new articles and chem recipe system up (reviews section is unavailable until tomorrow so please avoid it for now). You can venture to the "Articles" menu tab and have a look at the test posts under "How To" Articles & "Other" under Chem Recipes. The recipe system is pretty cool and has great potential. If anyone would like to suggest some blocks for the articles page similar to what is on the recipe pages let me know. Posting content is like making a forum post (tutorials will be available eventually). The old data will be re-entered as soon as possible so please do not re-enter your old content. This was a large piece of the site to build so I appreciate everyone's patience in waiting around for it. Once a few cosmetic issues are ironed out and the reviews section is configured the area will be 100%.

Thanks!
    Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 10-27-2006 at 03:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great job, Sean. I've missed the articles and recipes - like when I couldn't remember how to mix my own fixer...

Thanks!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man... I really feel that this site is one of the most complex, and well put together (read - user friendly) I've ever been to .. . It's really quite a LARGE space... beautifully well thought out, and run.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work, Sean. I'm excited to see this up and running. I agree with Pastiche 100%. Thanks Sean. Best. Shawn

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sean

I really think you are an amazing fellow , very shy and humble , but boy do you deliver the goods.
    I appreciate all the hard work you are doing and I think this site will be historically significant over the years.
    I can only imagine how pleased someone trying to figure out the complexitys of photography, and stumbling on this site.
    It is very rich with advice and help, from very talented photographers who have paid their dues and seem to be willing to pass on as much info that they can, even if the question is very basic.
    This will be one of the most sought after section of the site as time goes on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. It's going to be tricky getting the old articles and recipes back in. I'm currently looking for a way to extract the old data sitting in the database into a useable format. That's what I have planned for today..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    *update

I have installed an old version of the forum software in another area and installed and old version of the articles system on it, also have exported all of the old article/recipe data sitting dormant in our current production database into the old system which i just built. The good news is all data is intact and available. There are a total of 219 articles/recipes. Each will have to be brought into the new system by hand. I will see how things go and am shooting to re-import about 50 a day until completed -starting now.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent to hear, I never really used the article system to begin with but looking now it seems like a good knowledge base to browse around when you're bored. Well done, and good luck transferring over all of the old articles.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I hit some delays on the transfer but will be back onto that again today..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin