Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,498   Online: 1038

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is great to see that Sean has come up with a good solution.

I think this whole thing is the result of such growth in the site - and growth is always a bit painful.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
    The conversation ended with an agreement to meet in a pub local to Scott and have a Guiness or two when I next visit America.
    Be sure to have him bring along his portfolio of male nudes for you to look at while you're hoisting those pints. There are some really impressive photographs in it. I sincerely hope that all this brouhaha doesn't overshadow that fact to the point where the community doesn't take his photography seriously. As far as I'm concerned that would be the real loss in all of this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think this is a very sad day for APUG. A vocal minority has now dictated how the site should be run. They have also cost Sean money.

Those who do not like what they see should take responsibility for their own lives and not expect the rest of us to have to fit in with the way they want things. You might lose your job if you view nudity at work? Then don't browse the bloody internet when you should be working! Your child might see nudity? Then make sure your child isn't in the same room when you view the site!
    It isn't rocket science!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
    ......and have a Guiness or two

My tastebuds are burning. Did someone say Guinness?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Those who do not like what they see should take responsibility for their own lives and not expect the rest of us to have to fit in with the way they want things. You might lose your job if you view nudity at work? Then don't browse the bloody internet when you should be working! Your child might see nudity? Then make sure your child isn't in the same room when you view the site!
    My grandfather told me that common sense isn't so common. Especially today, where everyone is to blame and take responsibility but oneself.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't think this sort of thing would become such an issue, but apparently it is, and it's damn commendable that it's being dealt with so quickly and professionally. I quite respect that, and respect other people's right to choose what they see, seems fair to me.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry that Sean has been put to so much trouble and expense. I really don't understand why nudity in itself is seen as having any sexual content, unless some sort of sexual activity is being depicted. But I think that the system Sean proposes will be for the best in the long run. I would particularly hate to think that APUG would be inaccessible to young people, if the site were to be blacklisted as an adult site by those who compile such lists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    You might lose your job if you view nudity at work? Then don't browse the bloody internet when you should be working!
    As a matter of fact, I do browse the bloody internet at work. There is a computer in the designated break room with an internet connection. It's every bit as normal to use the computer as it is to watch TV or use the telephone during a break. My employer, however, still has strict rules about what is deemed acceptable content and nudity isn't on that list.

Don't make assumptions about how I do my job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin