Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,091   Online: 1175

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- New Gallery Changes

Hi All,

I've decided to take a more closed approach to the Gallery until i get the 'mature content' option enabled. ETA for this is before or slightly after the holidays. I am paying the coder at photopost software (they make our gallery) to custom create this for me so it should be very well done. Basically until this is in place the gallery will remain a subscriber only area but now 100% subscriber only. This will include all site wide thumbnails. Once the content control is in place thumbnails will be back for all non-subscribers. Sorry for the inconvenience but I can understand how some thumbnails inadvertently cause problems so we need to change this. I am also investigating legal implications of the gallery, for example do we restrict it to 18+, 16+,13+ what is actually the best scenario to protect us here. The APUG framework continuously evolves and recent activity has raised some valid reasons to make adjustments. To those who took offense to the past several days all I can say is we are working to improve the delivery of the gallery content in a new way. This will either be acceptable or not, but I think as a whole we are on the right track..

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 11-22-2006 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for your ever continuing efforts Sean.

Good luck on herding them cats

Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Thanks for your ever continuing efforts Sean.

Good luck on herding them cats

Murray
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWymXNPaU7g

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That was good. I hope they go back to film during branding and castration season!

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I believe that was a Super Bowl commercial, back in the good-ole Dot-Bomb days, when money was no object.

Personally, I like the outpost.com commercials myself - check them out on youtube.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank Sean. I hope now we get more photographs and more peace.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (I put this post under a different thread, and then saw this one which is more relevant to what I was saying, so I've moved it. Apologies).

Freedom of expression is important. Though I'm not entirely convinced an internet forum is the best place for it for me - I have to say I'm coming round to this idea for all pics, whether "controversial" or not, so that's just a personal thing, and for various reasons and as I say, not to do with content. I do realise that for people here the galleries are very important, especially if you don't have an alternative support network.

The freedom to choose what you see, without general censorship being imposed, is also important.

Thanks Sean for trying to organise this possibility. Recent threads have brought me around to the idea that for the sake of a smooth-running community, this is a good idea. I haven't been offended myself by anything I've seen, but that is neither here nor there.

Hopefully soon we can get back to other issues.

Cate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean to adress the issue so fast!
    The last days of discussion have been tiresome, but again, APUG is constantly evolving and the ideas debated will surelly contribute for a better site in the future.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again, Sean quietly works away to solve a problem that should never arise. If only everyone who accesses APUG would stop to think of the other person or persons before posting we would have a much better and calmer atmosphere around the place. I've read most of the controversial threads in the past few days and noticed that there was little or no mention of the possible effect on Sean's business. He has told us in this thread that he is having custom software written to deal with the gallery problems, surely this would not be required if we all took time to act responsibly and with thought for others and Sean would perhaps be quite a few dollars better off.

I was in the chatroom yesterday when Flying Camera came in and we talked quite openly and frankly about his post. I thought it was done to provoke and said so quite strongly, Scott answered frankly and I think honestly and convinced me that his motives were not quite as I first thought. The conversation ended with an agreement to meet in a pub local to Scott and have a Guiness or two when I next visit America. What potentially could have been a chat room flame war was a very interesting exchange of totally different views that I personally enjoyed a lot, thank you Scott. From what I have read about Jim Galli I would probably of had a similar exchange with him for I also disagreed with his post.

Thankfully, we have a wonderful spirit and community here spoiled only by a few selfish, self opinionated hot heads who I would be pleased to see that back of. Come on all you passionate people, temper the passion with a little though for the other people involved in this great international community.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Sean. A voice of reason and professionalism, as usual.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin