Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 892

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New Policy: Leaving APUG 'Grand Exit' Announcements - Banned

Hi All,

After discussing with the moderation team we have decided from this point on to ban threads that are designed to be an "I'm Leaving APUG" announcement. These threads tend to be trolling for attention and serve no purpose other than disrupting the community for days, even weeks. If you want to leave then leave, we do not need an announcement. If you want to depart and feel obligated to provide feedback at the same time please use the 'contact us' link. If you want your friends to know you are leaving then PM or email them. There will be exceptions to the rule such as medical problems or temporary absence and these can be handled on a case-by-case basis.

I'm sure most are aware of the recent controversy in the forums and several people have left over it. APUG is constantly evolving and growing, so it's a given that some people will lose interest as APUG changes. I think a handful of people believe APUG has become less tolerant of others but I do not see it this way. With over 17,000 registered members we do what we can to maintain peace, order and tolerance in a large diverse community. At the end of the day I have become aware that it is increasingly counterproductive for us to shape the community around a very minute percentage of people and catering to their every complaint. After recent issues I'm convinced that small and highly vocal minorities can wreak havoc in a smooth running large community like this and frankly I'm tired of the majority having to suffer. It also seems some people are their own worst enemies and often these people become ignored by myself, and the moderation team. It's unfortunate that this happens but we feel these people bring pain upon themselves and it's out of our hands or our ability to manage it and remedy their participation. In other words if you repeatedly go down a certain path that is easily avoidable then you are on your own. We may send the odd PM or email to hopefully push people in the right direction but it's often ignored.

In closing I'll say that some leave APUG quietly, and some with a vengeance. There are two sides to every story and if something out there concerns you about how we are running APUG never hesitate to contact me and we can discuss it. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes I would hate for people to get the wrong impression.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you.

The "Long Goodbye" was interminable!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No Comment

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok this does it...I am lea...er staying.

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    Rats!!! IT was almost finished!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am sick of having to endure the sturm und drang of the drama queens on this and other sites. It's pretty certain that the center of the universe is a very uncertain place, but it most certainly is NOT the fragile, delicate, and inordinately tender sensibilities of he/she who would derail apug with their whining. There is a HUGE difference between robust debate and disagreement proferred with dignity and respect, and the 'take my marbles and leave' mentality of some.

Bravo, Sean! A decision taken with backbone and sack!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rats. Now that it is not possible to have a dramatic hoopla made over something trivial in the vast scheme of things, guess I will just have to stay.
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Movie rentals by APUG members will now be going up. Sorry Art, I'll lend you a DVD or two if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    Ok this does it...I am lea...er staying.

lee\c
    I thought you were "Lee...er staying"...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bravo, Sean. Well said.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin