Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,285   Online: 980

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG Mobile Edition

For those subscribers seeking APUG access via mobile devices the new system is now up and running. It seems to be a good improvement vs. the last time I tried this. To access apug with a mobile device the url is: http://www.apug.org/wap

Brief info on devices:

"Pocket PC 2002 (Premium) and later Pocket PCs support WML, recent PalmONE and Sony CLIE PDAs come equipped with a WML supporting browser, RIM/Blackberry browsers also support WML, and the list goes on...
    WiForums FF v3 features an unprecedented dual-markup WAP creation engine. Mobile devices which fully support WAP 2.0 (XHTML-MP 1.0 and WCSS) will be presented with one of the most eye catching, bandwidth efficient, pure WCSS WAP 2.0 mobile sites on the web."

Here are some screenshots of what to expect on your device:

I would not count on it being a full featured application but it looks like a good way to quickly check threads you are subscribed to as well as your PM's. Also, a forum search on apug when out in the field may come in handy, etc.

The system may need a few tweaks so I'll wait for feedback. Thanks!

Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 12-04-2006 at 08:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (Nokia6230/2.0 (04.44) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)[/SIZE]

Hello from a train in ireland via a nokia 6230. Thanks Sean this will be very useful.
    Last edited by Sean; 12-05-2006 at 04:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)[/SIZE]

Very cool on a nokia e61
    Last edited by Sean; 12-05-2006 at 04:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)[/SIZE]

Hi Sean,

Very kewl indeed. Anyway to link up the gallery?

Regards, Art (from my Blackberry)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    good to hear (i had to re-save your posts to fix a font size issue on the wireless notice)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    [SIZE=1]Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)[/SIZE]

Hi Sean,

Very kewl indeed. Anyway to link up the gallery?

Regards, Art (from my Blackberry)
    Sorry, it's only for the forums..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to report this, but it won't work for me.
    I'm on an XDA IIs, running Windows mobile 2003 second edition.
    I can get at the full site OK, but not the WAP version.
    Any Ideas?
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Are you using IE on windows mobile? If so I do not believe it is wap compliant (but I am no expert here -still learning about wap), I have been told Opera's just launched mobile browser should work are you able to try that? I also know of 1 or 2 other dedicated wap browsers for windows mobile OS as well, they may have a trial version to test with. Failing that let me know and I'll contact the software company (they apparently supply small patch files for some issues)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With all due respect Sean, I'd be happier if more attention was being paid to restoring the full library of articles to the site before moving on with to new features.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I that area quite valuable before the design upgrade and I keep checking to see if it's been restored.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Are you using IE on windows mobile? If so I do not believe it is wap compliant (but I am no expert here -still learning about wap), I have been told Opera's just launched mobile browser should work are you able to try that? I also know of 1 or 2 other dedicated wap browsers for windows mobile OS as well, they may have a trial version to test with. Failing that let me know and I'll contact the software company (they apparently supply small patch files for some issues)
    Thanks Sean,
    I'll try opera and let you know.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin