Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,290   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    It seems that added user links only show on the blogs to people that are logged into APUG.

Ack! I can't remove a link?
    Hi, access control issue i have now made userlinks available for public viewing. As for using your real name in the blog, go into your blog profile and the edit tab and you can put something in the "Blog Title" field such as "Your Name's Blog" and that will appear at the top of each page. As for editing/deleting links looking into it. Thanks for the feedback I'll try to address all the issues as best I can..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just noticed that creating a user link on my blog shows up on the "Blog Homepage."

I don't want every little thing I experiment with to appear there. I need to be able to create and use categories and "Blog Homepage" can be a category I use or don't use at my discretion.

I also notice that the links to "Blog Homepage" and "Blog and Tutorial Help" go to the same Blog Homepage.

I don't think this is ready for launch. I think this is not a beta yet...still alpha.

I'm sorry Sean, there's a lot of good work here and it can be great but it's not ready to be live yet.
    I'll disable "Blog Tutorial Help" link for now as it's not ready. The blog is fine for those who want to use it through apug but yes as far as a more stand alone system it still needs work. It's far better than the previous system which was live so I see no harm having it running as is and continuously improving it.

"I don't want every little thing I experiment with to appear there. I need to be able to create and use categories and "Blog Homepage" can be a category I use or don't use at my discretion."

I am working on removing userlink entries from the blog homepage, and it should be possible to provide a checkbox on the blog entry page to "display on the main apug homepage", however the spirit of the blog is to be a community event where apuggers share their photo diaries. If people want to discuss their new car or the last movie they watched then an account at blogger.com would be better..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    oh J, figured out how to edit user links, if you view your public blog profile, click userlinks then in the userlinks list click on the userlink title, it then has an edit/delete tab.. I will try to make this far more accessible..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couple more, both in IE6 and Firefox 1.5...

I can't get past the first page on the Blog Homepage. Clicking on any of the numbers or "next >" or "last >>"at the bottom of the page loads an empty page with the single word "error".

And, paragraphs are missing on other people's blogs too. From playing with the editor, it looks like you need two CR/LF pairs to get a new paragraph in the new system editor and the conversion of entries from the old to new system only inserted one (or left out whatever code the blog system uses to distinguish a new paragraph).

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    ...if you view your public blog profile, click userlinks then in the userlinks list click on the userlink title, it then has an edit/delete tab.. I will try to make this far more accessible..
    I can't figure this out. What is a public blog profile?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't seem to navigate to page 2 from page 1, using either a click on the "2" or a click on the "next". The page just comes up with "error" in the top left corner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't figure this out. What is a public blog profile?
    Under "My Account" link, then click recent links for you it would be the below link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/content/u...k/15085/recent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    I can't seem to navigate to page 2 from page 1, using either a click on the "2" or a click on the "next". The page just comes up with "error" in the top left corner.
    I see that too, will look for a fix, thanks for the info..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Under "My Account" link, then click recent links for you it would be the below link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/content/u...k/15085/recent
    Ah, I went there a dozen times but didn't realize the link title was a clickable link. Thanks.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the page links in the blog footer are now fixed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin