Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 681

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the idea of having more dynamic content, but it looks a bit cluttered.

I'd put APUG content first--latest posts, APUG portfolios, featured member, and latest gallery images--and move the sponsor info down or to the side. As it is on the computer I'm using at the moment (my wife's Vaio laptop which has a widescreen display), I get to the front page and I see lots of sponsor info, and not much about APUG except for the mission statement, until I scroll down. If I were a new user, I'd probably think this was a site with a lot of advertising content, and I suspect that the front page is mainly for new users, since it's easier for regular users to link directly to the forums or galleries and skip the front page altogether.
    Oh No, I have a Sony Vaio notebook and I agree completely with David.:o
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok check now guys, maybe do a full refresh I just finished a heap of tweaking. I think it's looking very clean now..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the idea and the changes. I am one who thinks the latest gallery image(s) should be available on the home page. Would it be possible to do it in a collapsable section like the 'whos on line' section? Have it collapsed by default so those at work can open the site in comfort.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it looks very good now, after the tweaks. I didn't have any problems with the gallery thumbnails, but I am glad you could accomodate folks with concerns.

Thanks again for all the work.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think JD makes a good point, if that is possible to accomplish without much trouble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It should be possible to do the gallery thing, might be a few days though. I also plan to occupy part of the mission statement box with a small recent site news space..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the new homepage, well done Sean. Its like mission control.

A better graphic for the regional groups might be an idea for the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, very nice update! I like how you have managed to give equal time to both members and our all-important sponsors. The Business Directory looks very slick. Well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked it better with the gallelry photos. I know the risk factor is large and that is am important factor. But I still like seeing some pictures present themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker) View Post
    I liked it better with the gallelry photos. I know the risk factor is large and that is am important factor. But I still like seeing some pictures present themselves.
    I'll be adding them back with an expandable section in a few days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin