Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,735   Online: 915

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

*update- 5 to 35 minute long apug outage June 6th around 10pm eastern

Hi All,

I will be moving the apug.org domain to it's own ip address at that time. Currently the apug.org domain is shared between 20 or so other domains on the apug server. Only apug.org will be down while the change updates (5 to 35mins). Once the site updates and has it's own ip address I'll be able to run an ssl certificate on it so that a new secure storefront can be launched. This store will initially be for those who want a direct credit card payment method for subscriptions or donations instead of going through paypal. There is a way to do straight credit card purchases via our paypal page but this tends to confuse people. The store will probably list other items down the road, I haven't gotten to that stage of planning yet.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, will APUG still load for those of us using a DNS with the old IP in the cache, or will we be down till time-to-live expires and/or the new IP propogates to our DNS?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Sean, will APUG still load for those of us using a DNS with the old IP in the cache, or will we be down till time-to-live expires and/or the new IP propogates to our DNS?
    You might have additional downtime. I have put the change off for a bit while I confirm something. I'll try to post the new ip address before I go through with the change..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'll try to post the new ip address before I go through with the change..
    That would be great. Thanks.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I have pushed this change to 10pm eastern for less disruption to the bulk of users. For those interested the new ip address will be:

(the current/old ip will be 72.32.121.187)

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Everything went as planned, the outage was about 10minutes.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank goodness it was that short - I thought I'd blown another fuse here in the apartment!

Love what you do with this site!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin