Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,401   Online: 897

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

***APUG Scheduled Outage 2:00AM CST, June 20th -for up to 1hr

Hi All,

Rackspace will be taking the server offline for some updates. The site may be offline for up to 1 hour. For those curious we are upgrading to Plesk 8.1 (from 7.5). Plesk is basically the system by which I control the server and all accounts on the server. I've been eagerly awaiting this update.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As you can see we're back. What was supposed to be a routine 1hr upgrade turned into a big outage for us. The upgrade failed causing a major issue. In the end it required a escalation to high level rackspace techs and escalation to high level techs at swsoft (the makers of the software being updated). I could have backed out of this change but I really needed the upgrade for admin reasons so had them persevere with it. We are now running on the new server control system and it should be smooth sailing. At this stage I am too tired to be angry over the problems encountered, just glad it's back.

Thanks for your patience everyone,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, the issue has not been officially closed off so the techs may be doing some cleanup and configuring over the next few hrs which could affect site stability..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin