Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 980

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New Advertising System To Be Launched Today

Hello All,

I am finally moving us to a new advertising system. This has been in the works for months. The new system is highly automated allowing advertisers to sign up, pay and create their ad. After that, I approve the ad and it is live. The old system was pure drudgery to say the least so this will be a relief.

What you will notice:

-APUG will control all ads, so all advertisers will have an aspect of traditional photography as their product base.

-Google ads are going bye bye, in the sidebar and footer. The google ads will be replaced with a new APUG ad format comprising of 120x90 block ads.

-Subscribers will have the option to minimize the new block ads, residing in the footer and sidebar. However, I would encourage you to keep them running or you may miss out on advertising that applies to you. Also, it will be a way to show some extra support to APUG.

-The banner in the header will be shown to all.

-Unregistered users or general members will not have the option to turn off the block ads in the sidebar and footer.

Full details of the ad packages can be seen here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/advertising.php

Rate changes for the ads:

After a lot of research and thought, I have decided to raise our banner fees from $35 per month to $45 per month. The actual value of our banners in comparison to similar sized sites would be around $150 per month or more but I do not want to go that route. I want to continue to provide affordable ads for a variety of companies, large and small. The block ads will cost $25 per month and can be an option for those who do not want to take on the new banner fees but still want visibility with ads and sponsor forum access, etc. Some may also choose to run 1-2 month campaigns of banners or block ads, have a few months off then advertise again.. whatever suits their budget. I have never had a price increase on the banners but we have been sold out for over a year with over 20 currently on a waiting list so a moderate increase makes sense. For the most part APUG is financially carried by our subscribers, but I would prefer we increase revenue from advertisers as well as those who heavily use the site and do not subscribe. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, some ads may be misaligned, i am implementing and cleaning up the layout as i go.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am new in this site.
    May I ask you why this site needs advertising system?
    Is it needed for maintence of the site?
    I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
    k o m b i z z

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here is some info: http://www.apug.org/forums/subscribers.php
    The advertising allows traditional based companies to reach a broad target audience while supplementing the site's revenue..
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a lot for putting up the new system, Sean.
    I just returned from holyday and signed up for a first campaing today.

Greetings,
    G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin