Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,141   Online: 894

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Attention mobile users WWW.APUG.MOBI Launched

Hello mobile users,

I know some have struggled with the current mobile solution. I have revamped things a little. You can now direct your mobile device to apug.mobi
    This is a new start page for mobile options. We have the current WAP system and now in addition to that 3 mobile forum skins (basically an apug site design suitable for small screen devices). There is only one thing to watch out for.. When you switch to a mobile skin on your mobile device, then go back to apug with a regular computer it may still have you on the mobile skin. If that is the case simply visit apug.mobi from your normal web browser and click the link for "APUG Full Skin". That will reactivate the full skin for you. I'm hoping that out of all these options one of them will work out well.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, happy to get some feedback so let me know what you encounter. This is somewhat targeted to devices with mobile browsers which can read some html (blackberry, windows mobile, iphone, etc). For straight cellphone use you might be stuck with the apug.org/wap system..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Also, happy to get some feedback so let me know what you encounter. This is somewhat targeted to devices with mobile browsers which can read some html (blackberry, windows mobile, iphone, etc). For straight cellphone use you might be stuck with the apug.org/wap system..
    Nice one Sean. Look forward to testing this. In Skin 1 at the moment and like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to work well on my Palm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700 series: BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Is there anyway to get the .mobi site to work on a browser like Firefox. When I connect to it on my MAC it redirects me to the .org site. Sadly access to the main site has been blocked in my workplace due to the occasional nude image on the main page. My coffee breaks haven't been the same for a while now and this block looks permanent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700 series: BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Is there anyway to get the .mobi site to work on a browser like Firefox. When I connect to it on my MAC it redirects me to the .org site. Sadly access to the main site has been blocked in my workplace due to the occasional nude image on the main page. My coffee breaks haven't been the same for a while now and this block looks permanent
    You could try this:

http://www.unblocked.org

Not sure I would trust it with passwords, but you could get in this way and view 'today's posts' etc. the .mobi domain is more of a redirect that housing an actual site..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    www.unblocked.org is blocked at most organisations. No point in putting content filtering in, if you don't block proxy redirect sites

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is much better than WAP Sean. Skin 1 in particular is very useable.

Only "feature" I have found is that "New Messages" in Skin 3 gave me a blank page but as I much prefer the simplicity of Skin 1, it matters not a jot to me...

Nice one, Bob.

[Edit: forgot to mention - was using a Windows Mobile 5 'phone]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks for the link Sean, unfortunatly all those websites are also blocked. At least I can keep in touch on the blackberry although the connection speed reminds me of dial up speeds in 1996 :o

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin