Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,457   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker View Post
    Mmm..mm..mm.... Bureaucracy!...

dont worry, I think alot of the chosen "council" are pretty middle of the road.
    I know I am. So hopefully the bureaucracy will be kept at a minimum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does the new Council expect to utilize the Star Chamber for the upcoming inquisitions?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Nobody expects the APUG inquisition!.....
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Does this mean that we must be fanatically devoted to the Pope? I don't think that's going to work for me. Can I be fanatically devoted to Henry Wessel instead?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Does the new Council expect to utilize the Star Chamber for the upcoming inquisitions?

I think we're going for 'shock and awe'.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Does this mean that we must be fanatically devoted to the Pope? I don't think that's going to work for me. Can I be fanatically devoted to Henry Wessel instead?
    As long as you have a nice red uniform, you will be left in peace.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    well my vote is to utilize items such as the iron maiden, garotte, and the heretics fork.... the milder of the instruments

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I'll also add to Scott's comment that we're here to help the moderation team rather than supplement them. It's the "many eyes" approach. In the end, the big decisions are implemented by the executive branch, i.e. Sean & the mods.
    This is the issue. The problems that APUG has are nuanced, generally not requiring banishment or the inquisition. It is rare when we have multiple long flaming threads. The days of cliques and packs of marauders appears to be over -- and it was never that bad.

What the council will (probably) do is act as a steering committee and an advisory board. Their mere presence in a thread may be enough to keep people on an even keel. Where there are problems with a member or members they will help define a course of action.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aw man! Does this mean my new smiley goes away? Say it ain't so ....

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 07-31-2007 at 11:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We can keep the popcorn...

and don't forget the soft pillows and the comfy chair!

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin