Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,592   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Photocentric.tv *Call for closed beta participants!

Hi All,

I am looking for some participants to help me get video content onto Photocentric.tv before launch. Not 100's of videos or anything like that, but a handful so the site doesn't launch with a blank page. If you own any photography related videos that you would like to upload please contact me by posting in this thread or sending a pm. The categories for now are:

Traditional - Tutorials
    Traditional - Equipment
    Traditional - Reviews
    Traditional - Photographers
    Digital - Tutorials
    Digital - Equipment
    Digital - Reviews
    Digital - Photographers
    Hybrid - Tutorials
    Hybrid - Equipment
    Hybrid - Reviews
    Hybrid - Photographers

Public domain videos are also welcome, for example an old video of Edward Weston was floating around at one point which was public domain, we can add a lot of these.

I'll be ready to take uploads tomorrow so just contact me to make arrangements.

Thanks!!

Sean

Shooter
    35mm
    Would you please kindly write me in which format do you need this movies?
    I do have few movies in the form of mini-digital cassettes, but not sure how I could upload to the site as I do not have any s/w or h/w connecting to my computer.
    I am looking forward to hear from you.
    Thanks
    I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
    k o m b i z z

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Most video cameras have a web friendly mode and that is the easiest way to post videos. Other than that for your situation you'll need a way to get them into a video editing program to edit and downsize them a bit. On upload to the site the original video is converted into flash format and easily viewable over the web. Pretty much identical to how youtube works..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you had a rummage through the public domain films over at www.archive.org ?
    I've just had a quick look and although it seems to be biased towards motion picture subject matter there should be a few suitable films, especially in the Prelinger Archive.
    Here's what I found after a cursory look:
    Alchemist in Hollywood
    and
    cheesy Kodak Instamatic commercial

Their streamed flash versions are a bit flakey but you can download the full file in various formats and resolutions.

OK, so people can go there and see them themselves, but it will save a lot of searching and will pad out things fro when you launch, assuming this is the sort of stuff you're after.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And they don't make 'em like this any more...
    Girl on the Cover ("documentary" on shooting magazine cover pictures)
    Last edited by crispinuk; 12-02-2007 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll have look, thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin