Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,943   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New APUG User Profile Functions

Hi All,

The APUG User Profile page has been updated. You can also customize your profile page fonts, colors, background images and more. To do this go to "My APUG" and on the left navigation menu choose "Customize your profile". Or click here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/profile.php?do=customize

There are also some new functions such as a guestbook type profile posting area for guests to leave messages on your profile. The Profile is re-organized into tabs and generally makes it easy to contact people. To access someone's profile click their name.

If anyone customizes their profile page please post your results here so we can see an example. I haven't had time to play around with it. This isn't a new development it's just standard with the software after I upgraded.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just added profile photo album functionality. This can give you a place to post personal images related to your profile. You can also flag album photos to show in any social groups you belong to (the social groups have photo albums). To access your profile album look to your MY APUG areas left navigation "Pictures & Albums".

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To be honest Sean, I think this is just silly.

Why can't we get a FAQ up and running?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Just added profile photo album functionality. This can give you a place to post personal images related to your profile. You can also flag album photos to show in any social groups you belong to (the social groups have photo albums). To access your profile album look to your MY APUG areas left navigation "Pictures & Albums".

Thanks,
    Sean
    Thats quite neat Sean, sometimes a snap of a workshop or stuff like that doesnt belong in the gallery and the album is perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love the new way attachments open, very sexy!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    To be honest Sean, I think this is just silly.
    It is, but it's probably less work for Sean to leave it in, since it comes with the software, than to take it out, as long as it's not otherwise harmful to the site.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Very cool!

Thanks Sean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    It is, but it's probably less work for Sean to leave it in, since it comes with the software, than to take it out, as long as it's not otherwise harmful to the site.
    Exactly, it's just part of the software that was in there after the upgrade. I'm still looking into the FAQ system. I don't want it to be a mess like the blog systems of the past. I went through 3 different blog systems, then there is the problem of finding a system building it up and then support for the software dies. We need something very solid and long term. We'll get there..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Exactly, it's just part of the software that was in there after the upgrade. I'm still looking into the FAQ system. I don't want it to be a mess like the blog systems of the past. I went through 3 different blog systems, then there is the problem of finding a system building it up and then support for the software dies. We need something very solid and long term. We'll get there..
    That's the problem with all out-of-the-box form/blog/webshop/... applications.
    There's mostly good at what they were designed for, but it will never suit your needs for a 100%.
    It's the main reason why I have always written my web-apps myself.

G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin