Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 833

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks Sean,

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In a future revision it would be nice to have a file repository in the goups. In the case of the Sinar group it could be manuals, catalogs or whatever.
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's the 1st version of the system so vbulletin will likely improve on it soon. There are also ways to modify it and I'm looking forward to some plugins for it. I would like to see such things as categories, notifications, pm notifications on invite, etc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, you could use the create forum link which will create a Sinar forum attached to the group. You can then make a thread to hold downloads..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sean, can you clarify what "Public," "Moderated," and "Invite Only" mean in the group setup/edit menu?

I assume public means anyone can join and post.

Does moderated mean both membership and posting require moderator approval, or just posting?

Does invite only mean that membership requires moderator approval, but once invited, one can post without approval?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As far as I can tell:

Public- wide open
    Moderated- People can join but group owner must approve them (once approved posts are not moderated they can post freely)
    Invite Only- Once invited the link to join becomes visible for the invited member

I can get those descriptions in place today or tomorrow so there is no confusion

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Not sure if this is correct place but since it is group related here it is:
    I have created a forum in the Contax / Yashica group and added a post to that forum which is to be for contax downloads. Can I make that post a sticky or do I need to ask you to do it?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thinking about it, there would little point in it being a sticky unless I could go back and add stuff to it in future. As one the moderators of a group forum, am I able to do that or will the edit function disappear after the usual time?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bug

I dont know if it a bug, but why does it only show 10 members and not 12 like there is space for ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Billede 25.jpg  
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should have a link at the bottom of that box to show all group members, if not let me know

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin