Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,190   Online: 1171

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rob champagne View Post
    Thinking about it, there would little point in it being a sticky unless I could go back and add stuff to it in future. As one the moderators of a group forum, am I able to do that or will the edit function disappear after the usual time?
    If you create a forum it is yours, you should have full moderator access to it. Most of the options are in the forum/thread tools drop down menu. If you run into any problems just let me know.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do have the option to show all, and it works. But it still shows only 10 users, when returning to the normal view.
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One for the wishlist for social groups:

a library, where there is no filesize limit. Only a 100 MB or so total limit. At the moment I have 2 files that are between 10 and 20 MB, that I want to make awailable to other members of the Sinar group, but have no where to do it.
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    If you create a forum it is yours, you should have full moderator access to it. Most of the options are in the forum/thread tools drop down menu. If you run into any problems just let me know.
    I found it. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkenberg View Post
    One for the wishlist for social groups:

a library, where there is no filesize limit. Only a 100 MB or so total limit. At the moment I have 2 files that are between 10 and 20 MB, that I want to make awailable to other members of the Sinar group, but have no where to do it.
    You could host it at a media site such as mediafire.com then link to it. Not sure I can handle that kind of bandwidth etc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do have the option to show all, and it works. But it still shows only 10 users, when returning to the normal view.
    I think it will show 10 in that block so that if 300 people joing a group the group page will not explode..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think it will show 10 in that block so that if 300 people joing a group the group page will not explode..
    But why is there space for 12 then ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could host it at a media site such as mediafire.com then link to it. Not sure I can handle that kind of bandwidth etc
    Are You sure it will be a bandwith problem, if the file system is limited to the social groups. the normal filesize limits should be used in the forums. If You look at the number of groups and the number of members in the groups. It seems very limited.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    But why is there space for 12 then ?
    That's might be a function of the screen size. I suspect it looks different with a larger screen.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Albums are within your profile, a place where you can dump misc pics. Go to "My APUG" and "Pictures & Albums". You can then create a personal album for the group and place images in it etc. A bit convoluted but that's all the software has to offer at the moment.
    I open the pictures and albums section and there is nothing...just a blank page. At some point (probably by accident) I added two headings in there somewhere (Not sure what I was trying to create!) but they are duplicates. There is no way to delete one...or both. Can someone check the "architecture" group out and straighten it (and me) out?

drew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin