Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,414   Online: 896

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Anniversary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The birthday gallery is re-activated. Same deal as before, have fun!

Sean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    Great idea Aggie. We've had a bunch of fun over the past year and made some great friends!
    Eric wrote that on August 27, 2003 and it couldn't be truer today

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary, I have really enjoyed my time with APUG. Pat
    [SIZE=2]Shadow Catcher[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've loaded my holders and will be taking my 8x10 out tomorrow for the shot, can't wait

Things have been pretty hectic lately so I haven't done much shooting. We registered 1100 accounts last month and this month could be on track for 1200. This has added a lot of day to day work with such growth but at the same time subs are coming in (still in the 8-10% overall range) so this keeps us afloat. Not only that but many subs have been coming in for over the standard amount. The server move and current upgrade work at times had me way in the red but the generosity of the members has us back in the black again so THANK YOU! I have no doubt we are headed for a great year of traditional photography. My wishlist for year 5:

-keep focused on our passion and friendships
    -share information and continue the low signal to noise ratio we have
    -growth is good, the more traditional shooters the better!
    -keep supporting those companies selling traditional products

While I'm at it *Thank you subscribers, advertisers, and partners. Also, a HUGE thank you to our moderators David, Ole and John for their constant help. We do work hard to maintain the tone of the site and our mods are quite often unsung heros in this regard.

P.S. still plugging along with the upgrade. I have learned when coders say "1-2 days max" this really means "2-3weeks maybe". As for the new server (knocking on wood) we've had 30days of 100% uptime, a welcome relief! I also had a new system recently put in place so that all apug data is sync'd daily to geo-redundant sites (one in north america and one in europe) -what could be more important than data regarding traditional photography?

Thanks again,
    Sean

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Hapy Birthday APUG...

OK, I'm a day late ("as usual", I hear drifting over my shoulder) but I was working yesterday... Popped along to Lacock Abbey in Wiltshire, once home to William Henry Fox Talbot, and took some shots with 120 HP5 and Delta 400 rated at 1600ASA (it's dark in them there cloisters, and too many people around for a tripod). I thought the location would be appropriate for an APUG anniversary picture. The negs are drying as I type. I'll knock up a print and post in the gallery later this evening...

Cheers, Bob.
    Aah Bob,
    I'm looking forward to seeing those photographs!
    Rory

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin