Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,616   Posts: 1,647,677   Online: 988

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First performance tweak is in but much much more to come with some mysql & apache tweaking next week. Things should be pretty snappy at the moment and even better next week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No more error messages for me! Yeah. Thanks Sean Awesome job.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, I still can't log in without first clearing my APUG cookies. This was never a problem until this latest change to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    which login box, in the top right corner? Are you using a bookmark or going directly to a url? sometimes cookies can be affected if you are alternating between "apug.org" or "www.apug.org"..

Shooter
    35mm
    I use the login box in the top-right corner, and I've been using a bookmark to get to APUG. The bookmark links to http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php. When I log in, I get a page that says "click here if you're not redirected" (or words to that effect). I've never been redirected by that screen, so I always click that notice immediately. At that point, I don't see the "x new posts" link in the upper-right corner; I see the login fields again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What operating system and browser? Would you be willing to test it in firefox for me to rule out a browser issue? You can download firefox here: http://www.mozilla.com

Shooter
    35mm
    As I posted earlier, this is in Firefox 3.0.1 under Ubuntu Linux (for AMD64). I've run into the same issue in Konqueror, but I've not tested it as thoroughly there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah sorry, missed that. I'm on firefox 3.0.1 Ubuntu AMD64 as well. Do you have any firefox plugins like "fasterfox" or cacheing utilities? Are you using a proxy or anything that could be affecting your cookies? I will PM you a test login to try that and see what happens.

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried the account and password you sent via PM. It didn't log in. I've also tried disabling the proxy that I use to block nasties, but that didn't help. (The "click here if you're not redirected" page did start redirecting, but I still couldn't get in.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Some additional information: I've just tried using another computer, running two OSs, with the same results. With both Firefox under Fedora Core 9 for x86 and Safari under MacOS X 10.5.2 I see the same behavior: The first login after launching the browser works, but subsequent logins fail.

Oh, and I don't have any unusual plugins installed.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin