Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 825

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fixed, and I'll be refunding you today for the problems..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean;

I've been tracing the slow activity of APUG and the problems, and they all appear to be coming from the internet. I am on cable, hard wired and am able to trace the problem back to the cable server/router or to the internet. It gets a timeout, bad signal or no response from APUG. The bad signal freezes my browser, but this is VERY rare. Usually I get a timeout error, or a message from my cable provider that there is a problem with the site "apug.org".

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sean, I am getting only intermittent connection to APUG

I am in the UK and log on at normal UK times.

It only seems to have happened in the last 2 weeks – before that I was fine.

Sometime, I get no response when I log in, other times I log in without problems but then am unable to open threads or move from one page to another.

I get the usual Explorer unable to find the web site message

I am using IE7 & XP Service Pack3

I am not experiencing problems with other web sites at this time.

Are there problems with the Servers dropping out?

Thanks

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cannot upload more than 3 images today. Gallery says I have exceeded my daily limit of 5. Not sure what is going on?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"Find More Posts by ..." - Not Working?

Hi Sean,

I'm noticing that when reading posts in a thread and then click on the person's screen name to try to "Find More Posts" by them, I am met with an error page telling me that...

"This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 5 seconds."

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 5 seconds."
    I’m getting the same error message quite often when searching the archives or when I’m using the new posts function.

(I’m using Opera 9.62)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Are you clicking new posts or "Today's Posts"? You will get the message when doing a standard search but you should not get it when searching today's posts. Do you get the same error in IE or firefox? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since my last post in this thread I have mainly used Firefox while doing my usual thing here on APUG – and I have had no error messages.

Earlier today I tried Opera again, and I got the same error message as before. It happened when I used the “new posts” function.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always gotten this message if I was a bit too quick with the mouse. Happens with both IE and Safari. I have assumed it was a built-in software limitation to aid in load balancing or something. The same message appears on the hybrid site which seems to run the same or similar software.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps I should add that this happens when I have done no searches, or indeed anything on the site, for several minutes or longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin