Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,758   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, we had a good run. Several months without issue, but the last few days things have been touch and go. Basically something is causing the server we are on to run out of resource. The isp has been working today to isolate what it is (so we've been up and down like a yo-yo). Overall we have pretty good uptime for a shared hosting plan. We'll see how things go once they isolate this problem. We could have some more down time today, not sure. Thanks for your patience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The ISP are moving us to a new server today, will let you know when it's finished. I've backed up the site just incase anything goes wrong. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, they are not going to move us. The issue with high server load was related to a bad cable between the hard drive and motherboard. They've replaced this and say it's all running smooth now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting! As a generalized note to all the computer users: always check cable and especially connectors first. In my previous life aboard U. S. Navy submarines, I found that at least 90% of the faults in our electronic data acquisition systems stemmed from bad cable and other connections.

Truly, dr bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin