Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,249   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We've just had a big outage due to the total failure of the server's hard drive. Then the ISP restored the server and changed the ip's and dns (how people find the site). I figure everyone outside the US is getting this glitter children page when going to apug.org!! I am doing very good to contain my rage right now. I am so sick of this :x The only way I am on the site right now is because my work pc connects to the net via the US and not NZ. I've given the isp many chances lately, mainly because to move the entire site to a new ISP will be quite an ordeal. I'm currently investigating ISP's and will in the next few weeks after thorough research, hand pick one. My wish list is servers running redundant disk systems such as raid, 24x7 phone support, similar cost, etc. One company I am looking at seems to have this and claims in the event of a total server outage they can have the site back up within 2 hours. I think this last outage was 12hrs or so, totally unacceptable and enough is enough. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks, Sean

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I was getting desperate there for a while, but I'm back in now! No more Glitterchildren, I hope...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You never miss something until it's gone! Welcome back, Sean!

...and may you never be mistaken for a glitter child again!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome back. StrawberryYoga was kind of interesting...

...or maybe not.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just the odd sparkle for me-apug is made up as they say in Liverpool!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Go get them Sean I've grown accustom to hanging out here. Maybe they don't understand theirs a difference between a server from "down" under and a server thats "down"? Alright I'm the only one that thinks thats funny, Good luck!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I thought bubba (AKA Amelia) decided to play with our code and make herself a new site....:P

Shooter
    Large Format
    As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, you should make bubba the oficial APUG mascot and have a picture of her in the home page....what do you all think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, you should make bubba the oficial APUG mascot and have a picture of her in the home page....what do you all think?

Hmm...I figgered it was just me. Couldn't connect to APUG, photo.net or my e-mail accounts all day. Turned out all three were unrelated problems that occurred simultaneously. Damned fickle internet.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin