Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,305   Online: 1099

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

**UPGRADE PARTIALLY COMPLETE** CHECK HERE FOR INFO AND TO REPORT BUGS..

Hi All,

We are now on the latest forum software, however some functionality will be dormant until a few more site templates are updated. One of the biggest updates was to the social groups area and I have completed this for the most part. This is HUGE because now the social groups have their own integrated discussion forums (previously we had to hack them to work into our standard forums which was not ideal). The new social forums also allow you to subscribe to the discussions and get notified. This will actually make them far more usable now. For those with the old style forums I have imported them into the new social group discussion forums. Group owners can now also ad a logo for their group. There are also categories, I'll need to adjust the categories later (this will allow us to migrate regional groups into the social forums under a regional category.. allowing people to create their own regional groups..). I'll post more updates soon, but it's late and I need to run. Oh, Also moving to 3.8 allowed me to upgrade the blog system to 2.0. I haven't looked at it much but there should be better functionality there already or waiting to be switched on.

Please report any bugs here.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The sort order of posts in the Groups has reverted to the earliest first, rather than the most recent.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Shouldn't be hard to get that fixed, might be a day or so before I can get to that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The forums report time in local time, but the gallery reports time to me in NZ time. This is new!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    ...., but the gallery reports time to me in NZ time. This is new!

PE
    And what, exactly, is wrong with that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not that important, but when I did a search on 'TRI-X', the answer was "1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Neither for 'Hp-5', no threads nor posts, is film finally dead now?

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    And what, exactly, is wrong with that
    Nothng at all except that the rollover of a max of 5 posts takes place at 3am here.

Just kidding.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    Not that important, but when I did a search on 'TRI-X', the answer was "1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Neither for 'Hp-5', no threads nor posts, is film finally dead now?

Philippe
    It does that with short search terms. When that happens, I use the google search, or make my term longer like "Tri-x film" instead of just "Tri-x"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The sort order of posts in the Groups has reverted to the earliest first, rather than the most recent.

Ian

There was some discussion of this earlier and I thought that's what people thought made the most sense. The groups will have multiple threads now and oldest post first mirrors the setting for the regular forums. I think it should stay that way. The groups have an easy icon that takes you to any unread posts in a thread and with multiple threads, they won't be so long. It's very confusing having one part of the site read oldest post first and the other part newest first. Can the thread order be changed by individual user?--I guess that would be ideal. Thanks Sean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin