Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,046   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Come on Jorge take a deep breath and relax. Don't let that Latin temper get the best of ya big guy!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jorge:

sorry to read this.
    i liked reading your posts and getting advice from you.

best of luck !
    -john
    ask me how ..

Moderation can seem a thankless task. On photo.net recently, where I've been moderating the B&W Forums for several months, the antics of one fellow alone forced me to triple the amount of time and effort spent on the forums for an entire month before he was banned by the site administrator.

Now the same fellow is back under a pseudonym but, so far, seems to be behaving himself. However his mere presence forces me to scrutinize his posts - and the reactions of other members to those posts - more closely.

It's irritating and takes time away from other things I could be doing.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Sean"]Hey Jorge,
    But leaving moderation does not mean you need to leave the site all together.
    I'd much rather see you consider your moderation ending as a 'tour of duty' completed, and come back as Jorge the member

I am not aware of the background to all of this but I echo Sean's comments. If necessary come back with a different hat on !!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    But leaving moderation does not mean you need to leave the site all together.
    Likewise.

I must've blinked and missed this but, in whatever position, please do stick around and continue to give us the benefit of your knowledge and counsel.

:-(

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good light, Jorge.

And come back when you feel like it!

-- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although the background of your decision is unclear to me I can't but respect your decision. Yet I'll keep looking forward to "The Return of Jorge G" in glorious Large Format.
    For now, thanks for all your good work.
    Take care
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I missed all of this, I'm sorry, but I really hate to see you go Jorge. I do understand that sometimes you have to make a break and I wish you all the best. I do hope to see you or hear from you again in the future. Thanks for all your help.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck to you in all that you do! I just hope that you decide to return one day, as I've learned a great deal from you and many others on this site.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am at a loss to understand what happened as well. I*hope* I was not part of the continuing abrasion that led to this.

Certainly, there are differences of opinions here at times -- we are all different from one another and as "artists" - or at least "creative types"- , we ARE passionate about or work and views ... but do I need to comment on "passion" to a Latin?

APUG under Your, and Sean's moderation, *IS* one of the most "flame-proof" and "tolerant - acceptable" sites that I have ever seen - or hope to see.

All I can say is, Good work! - in a difficult job. We can respect your decision ... but we will *MISS* you.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin