Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,636   Online: 1108

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- a few code updates this weekend and more..

Hi All,

I wish I had a more concrete date but with a hectic schedule I grab time as I find it.. so sometime this weekend I'll be updating the forum software (just a small point release), search engine optimization software and ad management software. I don't expect more than a 30min outage. Once all this is up to date I have a freelancer that will start implementing several improvements and fixes for us. The first big ones being a huge revamp of the social groups homepage so it's actually useful, updating site templates to resolve some posting bugs, a migration of all regional forums into the social groups system under a social groups regional category, updates to the menu bar, sidebar and blogs, recode portfolio sales system to prevent false positives on sales. Will likely be re-integrating articles area back into standard forums since there is still no solid option for article systems in vbulletin. The site has become a bit fragmented and convoluted in some areas so I would like to consolidate a bit. After some of the above work is done there is a vbulletin projects app that I'll be installing.. this will allow the community to raise project requests for site changes, we can discuss the request and decide to implement.. the tool will help us track the requests and progress so they do not fall into a black hole as can often happen (my fault). The idea is to field requests, sign off on requests and have a coder go to work implementing them for us. Not so much to have the site drowning in new functions but to take what we have, and with member input make it smarter.

Also, a big thank you to the mod team and council who have been a huge help in watching over APUG while I've been settling into my new job (back in I.T. full time now). I'm finally getting settled in and my APUG time is becoming more available once again. I'm still going through a backlog of APUG help calls and hope to have those cleared this weekend.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 02-20-2009 at 03:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    **update** forum code updated, search engine optimization code updated, ad serving code updated. So far so good. Just doing some clean up. A few of the templates will need to be updated and I'm doing this now. It should fix the double post glitch we've been having..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin